Which theater of War Would you choose for flying? (1 Viewer)

Which theater of World War II Would you choose for flying?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rafe may be obsessed, I'm still learning, I've only read The Jolly Rogers by Blackburn, the Definitive Account of Marine Fighting Squadron 214 in World War II (Swashbucklers and Black Sheep), and Corsair, the F4U in WWII and Korea. Still have the biggest book I have about Corsairs to read. Then I need to go find some more books to read. Rafe, you got any suggestions for a Corsair reading list? :D
Edit: I've also read Once They Were Eagles about the Black Sheep by Frank Walton - overall not that much really, especially since all but Once They Were Eagles I've read since Christmas

(I also need to find time to read the CF-105 Arrow's Pilot's Operating Instructions and RCAF Testing/Basing Plans sometime)

Gotta be European, cooler planes. Forget the endless Pacific Ocean;what if you couldn't find your home flattop?

I'd say Africa, better weather, during the day at least. And you still get the cool planes of Europe..well the Hurricane and Spitfire at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back