Which theater of War Would you choose for flying? (1 Viewer)

Which theater of World War II Would you choose for flying?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yes i have been to see them 8) i love the alps, breathtaking :D i saw them when we went to monaco on holiday a few years back, we went into italy for the day to see them, was great :D

I'm still going to say Africa, the weather was better during the day at least.

Hello all I am starting a write in campain for the theature that is not talked about at all, the CBITO 8)

I have said eltswhere, on another theature poll I think that to fly over the Hymalyas, in chappy weather in a C-47 or C-87 ;) would be it. These mountains beat the Alps in hight and weather, mostly bad, and also the japs would be waiting because the mountains are taller then you can fly. :oops:

Taking in fuel, arms, food, people, everything to get bombers and fighters operating in China after the burma road fell. I am surprised that we do not talk about this theature, were not the British Royal Navy operating to take Burma back and Tyland? Anyy help on that would be great.

The point is we have 4 major Theatures of operations, or five if you think of The Med and North Africa as two! :mad:

Well there's 6 if you want to be like that because Eastern Europe and Russia is a different theatre.
My Grandad was in the Chindits, in Burma 1943.

plan_D, sorry about that. I forgot the Eastern Front, how could I so much was fought there. What unit was your Grandfather with? We here just tend to talk about one area of operations, I just wanted to remind people of the others. ;)

75th Indian, I don't know his exact unit he never said much. I've written off to the Army for his operational record. My Great Uncle was an engineer in the RAF and he was at Malta I have a picture of him in a cockpit of a Spitfire but I haven't got a scanner :(

we only realy talk about the two european fronts and the pacific, because that's where the majors air fighting took place..........

Lanc, yes I think you have a point, save for major aircombat in North africa. But more to the point that there are other theatures that should be at least noted and listed for the pole.

Was not India, Tieland and other areas in South Asia part of the empiere or commonwelth nations? Did not england have a lot of interests and men there?

I ask to stir some discussion 8)

Yes, in Singapore, Burma and India, Britain had interests. It did have people there (My Grandad being one) but the British government didn't see any real importance in the area, that's why they got poor equipment.
South-East asia did see a lot of air combat, with the British and Japanese trying to support one anothers ground troops.

It just wasn't as important as North Africa, Britain or Europe.
The people out in Burma made do with their equipment though, the Chindits have to be one of the greatest fighting units in World War 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back