Whispering Death - RAAF Beaufighters operating in the Pacific

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

just watched the first 20minutes and was great, will watch the rest at work tomorrow during a break !

I am glad that you have liked it so far. Some of the footage of the flying in it is great, and I really like the interviews with the pilots. Less and less of these people who served so bravely are around each year and it is great that some of their stories will live on.

My grandfather served in the RAAF in New Guinea as an armourer, however he never wanted to talk about his experiences and unfortunately his stories died with him.

I got inspired after I watched it and went and visited a real one at a museum not far from where I live. Awesome aircraft it is. Much larger in person then I was expecting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    727.5 KB · Views: 337
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 496
You know, I find it ironic that this aircraft should be called whispering death. I think I've seen that monicar given to other aircraft as well. So which aircraft is the real whispering death?

You know, I find it ironic that this aircraft should be called whispering death. I think I've seen that monicar given to other aircraft as well. So which aircraft is the real whispering death?

That was a cool documentary!!!!

Not sure which others have been called Whispering Death. The Corsair was called Whistling Death, supposedly by the Japanese, but that has been proven false. My guess is the Japanese didn't call the Beau Whispering Death either. In both cases, again I'll guess, that was made up by the media for propaganda.

I am glad that you guys liked it.

It would be interesting to hear from the Japanese whether they did really call it 'Whispering Death', however I agree that more likely it was a propaganda name made up for a news reel or something and the name just stuck from then on, just like the Corsair.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back