White 11 fw190 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

akonti

Airman
Mar 3, 2007
Dear Luftwaffe friends.

Does anybody, have any information about white 11???

In which Jg? Pilot, any other profile??? Any real photo???

I have no info about it. I would be gratefull if someone help me by posting any varius and correct material.

tullis2jm8.jpg

It is August-September 1943, the white/black checks were in I./JG 1 though used it was replaced by the common black and white horizontal stripes by late December 43 and those used into the spring of 44 before removed totally.

your example is from 1./JG 1. It may or may not have had a yellow under-engine cowling. the A/C is an A-6 of Staffelkapitän Leutnant Georg "Murr" Schott who was KIA in it on 27 September 1943

there are fotos of the tail section and fuselage nothing of the motor-nose and prop. Die Katze is actually larger and wider on the photo than what is represented in the profile.

E ~

You actually amaze me, Erich, with all the knowledge you have stored in that
brain of yours. What do you know about lottery numbers ? I'll split !!

Charles

Erich's seven lifes but which one of them is running now? :laughing6:

The Barbas book, Planes of the LW Fighter Aces has a photo of 'white' 4 of I./JG1. The squares are sized as in the profile except the white and black are reversed.

It also shows a variation, black and white stripes.

another 1./JG 1 machine and yes I know this foto from several book sources clear back in the 1960's, the stripes were not a variation but came later at the end of December 43 and into winter and spring of 44 before they were completely removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back