WHY I CAN'T STAND REPORTERS!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What are you talking about? Flux capacitors have been around since Wilbur and Orville's days!
But seriously, I live in Hanson and am very surprised there are not more instances like this. Back when I was learning to fly(five lifetimes ago) Cranland was THE field to take new guys out to get real world STOL experience. Aside from the runway being stupidly short there was a line of tall trees at both ends that really made you question as to whether or not try this. Don't know if somebody had the sense to finally cut them down since then. The one time I flew in and out I'm pretty sure kissed the tree tops with the gear. And this was in a Piper Warrior with me, the CFI and maybe half tanks to keep the weight down. Don't know how they do it with A/C loaded with crew, jumpers, and gear...a Fieseler Storch would probably have a tough time here.
BTW Hanson is the hometown of the Navy pilot that flew the first transatlantic flight in the flying boat (NC-4?) way back when!

Sorry, Shortround. I dropped a box of widgets in your buckets. hope they come out in the clean.
Widget.jpg

(Source Internet)
Us navy types sent people out for:
Padeye Acid
Padeye Wrench
Batteries for the sound powered phones
Relative Bearing Grease

I was told that some years ago at a construction site they had a new eager young guy who was always ready to go do something new. He quickly ate lunch one day and asked the foreman what did he need do next. The foreman pointed to a big cat bulldozer and said, "Well while the rest of us are eating lunch, you can go change the spark plugs in that bulldozer."

Just as they were finishing lunch the guy ran over, saying, "I got two of the plugs out but I am having trouble with the others."

He had pried two of the fuel injectors out of the Diesel engine.

My tool wish list:
Work gloves with fingernails
Curved drill bits
Adjustable hammer (dial the weight up or down) with a check-swing thumb sensor
Cold torch (no eye protection)
Microwave tunnel-forge (DING and its red-hot)
A complete set of wireless cables

Media......one day they will actually gather all the facts and present the news accurately, truthfully with each and every fact verified...who the hell am I kidding, never gonna happen....I guess Bullsh!t will continue to reign supreme....
One time I remember them explaining an aerodynamic stall as adjusting the angle of flight that the engine fails. It wouldn't have been all that hard to explain since you could just use a graphic of a wing with lines to illustrate airflow.

My tool wish list:
Work gloves with fingernails
That wouldn't be that hard to do, you would just add a hard substance to the outer top-side of the finger...
Curved drill bits
You could do that, but it would mostly just drill circles :D
Adjustable hammer (dial the weight up or down) with a check-swing thumb sensor
I suppose you could sort of do that through two methods I can think of off the bat
  1. Use a telescoping feature that would increase the leverage, the speed at the tip would be faster and would thus hit harder.
  2. Design it so you could screw on a tube that could be connected to a device that would fill it up with some kind of substance such as motor oil, molten-lead, something dense. You would have to take some precautions -- such as making it out of something that can take serious heat or it'd melt or burst into flames.
A complete set of wireless cables
Then it's not a cable, Mike -- just a transmitter and receiver element :p

There are methods of transmitting power using magnetic fields -- my tooth brush uses it actually. The problem is depending on how much power you were transmitting, it might act more like an EMP device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back