Wich was the worst nation in the war?

Wich was the worst nation in the war?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adolf Galland said:
err i wonder why ppl voted 4 France, cuz just look at the time it took to take over Denmark: 24hrs!!

Perhaps it was the Vichy aspect that people are remembering
I mean talk about crap on your allies they wouldn't even bring over their navy so we had to sink it, Maurice Gamelin (the French commander) whose command center never even had communictions and messages where sent out by dispatch ride,
He completely missed the plot and perhaps was one of the prime movers in the rapid demise of France he was drawing halt lines on maps that had already been over run.
so maybe this is the reason some people voted for France.
For a nation with 900,000 men at arms they put up a really poor show, thats not to say I voted for them I still feel it was the Nations that did nothing and stayed neutral that have the most to answer for.

What does this mean??? By which standards??? Why France... Because it had the badluck of being the first country to surrender??? It was completely cought off guard...

I would say Italy, the Italian troops hardly ever came close to winning a battle that I know about with an equal power. They needed German Officers to provide them with leadership to encourage them to fight. They were repelled by Greece and other places. In the end, they gave up to the Allies, and the Germans had to occupy them to tie down the Allied troops, freed-up by Italy's potential surrender. Germany really did have some Allies in WW2 she could really potentially have done without, such as Italy. Italy thankfully was a sap on German strength rather than a multiplier.

France wasn't the first country to surrender. The French military however was the second largest force in Europe behind the Red Army. They had nearing 1.5 million men, 800,000 of which stood on the ''Shield of France" (Maginot Line).

They lacked any kind of knowledge on armoured and mobilised warfare. The BEF was not on the continent to be a holding force, yet France accuses Britain of selfishness for not staying.

On top of that, France did not hand over the French Navy to the Royal Navy. The Royal Navy was forced to destroy the French Navy, which the French still are bitter about when they were in the wrong!

The French Resistance is often given credit for a lot of destruction and disruption when in reality, they were only an information gathering organisation and not even a good one at that.

The French resistance is extremely over-rated, in my opinion.

I don't blame them. They weren't in any state of oppose Germany. Why waste the lives of your people for a lost cause? So people 60 years on can say, "They fought, thousands died, but at least they fought"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back