Wich was the worst nation in the war?

Wich was the worst nation in the war?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some times this expropiated properties were used against the axis, like the planes or were used to support allied countries when selling, dismanteling or organizing ship convoys to cross the atlantic that were sunk by german u-boats.

RAF bombing of German cities didn't start until late 1940, after the BoB, after the Blitz. Every country in World War 2 commited a war crime, Poland were one of the first by slaughtering thousands of ethnic Germans in Poland.

plan_D said:
It wasn't only France that had the chance, it was the whole Alliance. The BEF, France, Belgium, Denmark and Holland could have all attacked Germany while Germany was in Poland.

Holland was a neutral state,teh same way like switzerland.

I haven't heard this before. What happened was that the Dutch government ordered its army to stand down, to avoid loss of life. Although some refused and still fought, doesn't make them a neutral state.

i think one of the worst things done in ww2 was the flare bombing on berlin. i dont know what year it was, but the allied bombers who attacked berlin that night didnt throw bombs, but flares (or how they are called. it were sticks you could set on fire, so you could c where you were dropping the bombs)
the whoule city was on fire, and very much people died an very painfull death.

and no plan_D, you dont need to reply on any misspellings here >.<

yes,... but as far as i know its also done on berlin.. maybe not that big as in drehsten,.. but as far as i know, that action was iven a name, called "Berlinieren"

but thats what ive heard

I am not familiar with any Berlin firebombing raids, but there may have been some. Dresden was a horrible mess. Unfortunately, it is a part of war. Hopefully, that kind of thing won't have to happen again.

The Tokyo firebombing raids killed more than the nukes on Hiroshima. Robert Morgan's biography talks about them. He flew the Memphis Belle, and after he came back for the war bonds drive, he flew B-29s in the Pacific. He said that as they flew over Tokyo, they could smell the burning bodies. I shudder to think of the horror of the firestorm.

yes.. but the worst thing is that the people couldnt stay at home, cuz theyr homme was burning, but the also couldnt get out because the asphalt on the street melted cuz of the heat.
that are raids who may not happen again.

Yup. Alot of big anniversaries this year. I will be presenting at the museum this weekend about Iwo Jima (60th anniversary of the start of that battle is this saturday) and the F4U Corsair. We are expecting a crowd of about 100! They just get bigger and bigger.

I actually love it. I get to talk about one of my favorite subjects (besides myself, NS!) and the audience is receptive. The word is getting around and they get bigger and bigger. I gave my first presentation in September to a whopping total of 7 people! Last month it was about 50. If I try to talk about this stuff to my wife, she glazes over and just ignores me! ;) When I present, people are there to hear and learn. If they want to listen, I am more than willing to talk. Of course, years of being in bands has taken the stage-fright out of me.

I will admit though that sometimes I get a little nervous at first. Once I get started though, I am fine. I once read that Steven Tyler throws up before every show! You would think a guy like that would be well beyond the jitters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back