World war 2 Aircraft tallies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nope they made us take it off. This was just recently and I kind of understand it. They are affraid that if we get shot down CNN will get to the crash site before the army does and they will show video footage of it and then our families and everyone will see it on television with our names painted on the side.

We joke around about it all the time. We want to put flashing signs in the windows that say where we are going because everywhere we land we have some guy that comes out trying to catch a ride some place. We call ourselves "Johnny Cab" or since our call sign (which we hate and do not want but our CO thinks its the best thing on the planet) is Angry Cat (we wanted G-String) we changed it to Angry C.A.T which stands for Combat Air Taxi. We also joked around about putting a big yellow taxi sign on the top of the aircraft. But yeah when we were allowed to do that stuff we personalized it. A lot of people would put flags and stuff my buddy who is from Peurto Rico had dice on his. It all depends what you wanted to do, but that is all over now.

:lol: Christ almighty, I would have mocked her for decades. Surely the vibration of the aircraft must have given her enough...but no....

Oh we did my buddy was running around smacking everyone on the head with it and then even though she was the only female passenger on board he was waving it around asking them all who this belongs too and she turned red and ran off it was great.

On the contrary my young virginator, he SHOULD bring up that story. For it is one the funniest military stories...in the last 20 minutes, that I have EVER heard.

Eagle on the ETO birds it was group , then passed down to squadron, and if the CO's were stuck on it then there was a general way of placing the victory symbols. Now if a squadron CO is much more liberal in thinking then it was anything goes.....

E ♠

I think the crew should be allowed to personalize there aircraft but I think there should be some regulations so the aircraft does not look like a flying piece of modern art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back