World war 2 Aircraft tallies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Friend Don Bryan's "little one"

352nd fg who was one of the few to intercept and shoot down an Ar 234. what a story !

Attachments

• don_bryan_1_3.jpg
    don_bryan_1_3.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 675
yes those are mirrors, Dick H also had them installed from time to time and they were also fitted on P-47's as well.

not sure of the total numbers of Ar 234's built but at least 12 of the jets were shot down by the US 8th Air Force. Don Bryan was involved in 4 seperate combats with Ar 234's

more mirrors anyone ? Frank Birtciel of the 55th locobusters fg. 1 Me 262 to his credit

Attachments

• birtciel.jpg
    birtciel.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 661
ok one more for tonight. I have many friends that flew for the 8th AF.

78th fg personell around a colourized pic of a P-51D. nice shot though

alright I am headin off to Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

last one now for the eve. Friend Harold Knight of the 355th fg. heck of a guy sittin on his hot rod

Attachments

• knight.jpg
    knight.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 620
GermansRGeniuses said:
Are those mirrors?

Never seen them on a 'Stang...

Do you know how many Ar-234s went down to any sort of enemy action, as well as how many were built?
Those aren't just mirrors...Them be Spitfire mirrors my boy.:lol:...Which reminds me, the mirror on my Spit was stolen back in 43 :mad:

sorry but those are not Spit mirrors. they were used on the P-51B and then remodeled under US specs
J. Petersburs with his 20th fg P-51D. having the engine 'run-up' by ground crew. The pilot was a 262 killer with 3-4 ground kills as well. Super guy !

Erich

Attachments

• peterburs-003.jpg
    peterburs-003.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 566
last shot of Joe in his kit. The "look" of a fighter jock no doubt. I have the pic in my office in a 8x10 format signed of course :D

Attachments

• peterburs-005.jpg
    peterburs-005.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 577
Erich Said
sorry but those are not Spit mirrors. they were used on the P-51B and then remodeled under US specs
Well if you say so...But my take is the mirrors were more for a kudos factor rather then a practical one...And the Americans liked to scrummage around the RAF stores for helmets, oxygen masks, gloves, boots, mae wests, etc, etc, and Spit mirrors too. :lol:
Btw, excellent pictures you posted here, thanks.

note that Birtciel's P-51 has 3 mirrors. and yes they came in very handy as it was not a one-way battle in favour of Allied forces all the time

E

you'd make a split decision and brake and bank or hoepfully your wingman was just right behind that German a/c.

another friend's a/c; this time with the 339th fg. Steve Ananian, 262 killer

Attachments

• 6n-k.jpg
    6n-k.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 532

Users who are viewing this thread

Back