World War I a century on

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

parsifal

Colonel
Apr 6, 2008
Orange NSW
we are approaching a very significant centenary since the outbreak of WWI, and despite all the the available material on the subject, many questions remain and a great deal of division in opinions also continue to this day. much of what the world is today can be traced back to that war. it remains a hugely important event, and i think we, as a forum for military discussion should at least think about the issues and their importance.

i stumbled on this radio interview the other evening and was greatly impressed by it. it has opened up my eyes on many things about the war, and i plan to listed to all ten installments. its organized as a series of interviews by our australian radio journalist and presenter Margaret Throsby from our Broadcaster

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/2014/06/wwo_20140628_1205.mp3

we are approaching a very significant centenary since the outbreak of WWI, and despite all the the available material on the subject, many questions remain and a great deal of division in opinions also continue to this day. much of what the world is today can be traced back to that war. it remains a hugely important event, and i think we, as a forum for military discussion should at least think about the issues and their importance.

i stumbled on this radio interview the other evening and was greatly impressed by it. it has opened up my eyes on many things about the war, and i plan to listed to all ten installments. its organized as a series of interviews by our australian radio journalist and presenter Margaret Throsby from our Broadcaster

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/2014/06/wwo_20140628_1205.mp3

A century has passed since the shot that was heard throughout the world..
Can't help but to think what percentage of the world is aware of the importance of this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back