Worst aircraft of WW2?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Komet actually had the best flying characteristics of any Luftwaffe fighter. The engine was an abomination, though.

The TBD may not have been the worst aircraft of the war. But it certainly deserves to be in the running. It was obsolete at the start, contriduted virtually nothing to the Allied war effort, and in its biggest battle it was shot down in droves.

Not really...the plane was good, engine bad...I dont really think it should be considered for this.

cheddar cheese said:
Not really...the plane was good, engine bad...I dont really think it should be considered for this.
Oh yes it should....
The plane was nothing more than a death trap.
What numb-nuts designs a plane with highly explosive fuels on board and then as its landing gear fits a skid.... :rolleyes:

The idea behind the Me-163 was interesting, but the volatile fuels and the landing gear configuration were just a dangerous combination. I think as a research aircraft, it would have been one thing, but as a warbird, it was not effective.

Wordfish :lol: :lol:

Ok I thnk we got:

Fairey Battle
Blackburn B-25 Roc
TBD Devastator
Breda 88
Blackburn Botha
Me-163 Komet

I vote for Breda 88, after doing research I see it was dreadful...

Wow, im convinced. Being told it sucked is enough to convince anyone how bad a plane is...use more detail...at least it could fly. The RAF didnt really have anything else to use...

Not only was the Breda 88 poor in its role but it had extremely bad flight characteristics.

didn't anything else to use?? there was absolutly no point in using the ones they did use, they weren't doing anything to stop the germans..............

I'm still going with the TBD. Obsolete at the start of the war. Terrible performance. Slaughtered at Midway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back