WW2 Air Force Re-enactment's fun too!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I stopped collecting German stuff - too many high quality copies out there, and the more you learn, the more you begin to realize that some of those copies are really too good!

Sold nearly everything while I still could!

I know of Dutch although I've not met him. He was one of the founder members of the 2nd Guards in the late Eighties.

The world is indeed a small place! 'Cause it's Bill Medland that you need to contact. PM on it's way!

I was Bill's oppo back in the early '80s in the Marineinfanterie and then the LuftFeld! One of the founder members of BRA South-West!

Best mate at the time, lost contact when I left the UK!

(Unteroffizier, infanterie stürmabzeichen, verwundetenabzeichen, winter war medal, etc, etc.)

I stopped collecting German stuff - too many high quality copies out there, and the more you learn, the more you begin to realize that some of those copies are really too good!

Sold nearly everything while I still could!

I have been collecting for over 15 years now and can spot a fake pretty easily including the high quality fakes. I own so many books on how to tell the real stuff apart from the fakes.

Fair enough - I was never caught out either, but I figured it was probably only a matter of time before much real stuff became devalued by doubts about its origin, if you follow me. And when all is said and done, I'm more of a user than a collector, even if I have got a load of stuff just to look at.

Sounds good - I wonder what became of him. The last I heard, he was talking about going back into the RAF.

Fair enough - I was never caught out either, but I figured it was probably only a matter of time before much real stuff became devalued by doubts about its origin, if you follow me. And when all is said and done, I'm more of a user than a collector, even if I have got a load of stuff just to look at.

See I dont care if the stuff is devalued. I would never sell any of my collection. I collect it for the history and having a piece of it. I just plain love it.

He's just PMed me! Can't believe it...

I've got a German wife, too!

Near Dusseldorf. We must drive past his house several times a year!

I'll take you up on that one day - never been that way.

(Have to remember not to mention anything about who's best :lol: )

Man it is all just fun to me. I actually think it would be fun to shoot the **** (even about a whos the best stuff) around a few beers in a German Beer Hall here!

You see I can argue with someone all day and still be there friend and have a beer with them at the end of the day.

The way it should be - and if you didn't disagree with me on that one, I'd be really shocked anyway! :lol:

No, me - I expect. May be you, as you're in Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back