ww2 help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So do these sound ok?

Eastern Front - 1,000 miles of trenches
50 miles between western and Eastern trenches

The first one is OK. But the second sentence is wrong.

The text you posted on the previous page says that the Eastern Front line wasn't the one long line of trenches like it was on the Western Front. It means that the front line consisted of many short fronts with lines of trenches. Often , these separate lines were located at distance equel or more then 50 miles each from another.

So the correct sentence should be ...

50 miles gaps for fronts ( lines of trenches ) on the Eastern Front.

for east prussia ive got, German generals paul von hindenburg and erich ludenfdorff and Russia defeated by Germans. Do i need to add any more to East prussia? I'm on Global War next where New Zealand and Austrailia have taken islands.

I think you don't need to add anything more to the East Prussia.

i want to just ask sorry, it says in the book trenches are 50 miles apart on eastern front but you said they're not, they have 50 mile gaps, which is correct? im not going to add it i just wandered.

The "50 miles apart" just means that there were gaps/breaks ( intervals ) in the front line on the Eastern Front.

The Western front line looked like one long line without any breaks ( gaps ) in the line. The line was running vertically from the North to the South.
The Eastern front line looked like a dotted line going from the North to the South. There were 50 miles gaps/breaks /intervals between each of two parts of the front line there.
If you want I may make a diagram to explain it better.

so the trench line on the eastern front had gaps of fifty miles whereas the trenches on the western front didn't have gaps?

Yes. That's correct. In other words the trenches on the Eastern Front weren't the continuous line.

im reading Global War now and im trying get facts.

The British asked their dominions to seize nearby German colonies, requests that were gladly accepted. By October 1914, Samoa had fallen to New Zealand, and German New Guinea and the Bismarck Archipelago (modern-day Papua New Guinea) to Australia.

I have so far, New Zealand capture Samoa - 29 August 1914

Australia capture Bismarck Archipelago - September 1914, Are these too long like Australia capture Bismarck Archipelago?

To keep it short what about, Samoa captured 29 August 1914, Bismarck Archipelago captured - Sept 1914

These sound also good. By there no info on who or by who.. so those earlier are much better.

so Bismarck Archipelago are islands that surround New Guinea mainland, or is Bismarck Archipelago the name for the mainland aswel?

Yes the Bismarck Archipelago were the islands that sorrounded the New Guinea mainland. So the name of the archipelago is for these islands. As far as the New Guinea is concerned , Germans owned a part of the mainland only. Below some of the History of the area...

"German New Guinea consisted of the northeastern part of the island of New Guinea and several nearby island groups and was the first part of the German colonial empire. The mainland part of the territory, called Kaiser-Wilhelmsland, became a German protectorate in 1884. Other island groups were added subsequently. New Pomerania, the Bismarck Archipelago, and the northern Solomon Islands were declared a German protectorate in 1885; the Caroline Islands, Palau, and the Mariana Islands were bought from Spain in 1899; the protectorate of the Marshall Islands was bought from Spain in 1885 for $4.5 million by the 1885 Hispano-German Protocol of Rome; and Nauru was annexed to the Marshall Islands protectorate in 1888. "

In September, Japanese forces landed in neutral China and laid siege to the German base at Tsingtao on the coast of China, capturing it on 7 November. In Africa, the war was fought against the German colonies. In German East Africa, the maverick German commander, Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck, held out for the whole war, only surrendering on 23 November 1918. Elsewhere, Germany lost its colonies in West Africa with Togoland and Cameroon falling to the Allies, and in the south where South Africa conquered German South West Africa (Namibia) with relative ease.
On 23 May 1915, Italy entered the war on the side of the Allies.

I have changed the last fact, do they sound ok? I have skipped facts from where it says about the german general surrendering. Should i have the fact that German colonies were lost? I want to keep When italy joined.

Samoa captured 29 August 1914,
Bismarck Archipelago captured - Sept 1914
Japanese capture German base at Tsingtao - November 7 1941
East African German General - Paul Von Lettow-Vorbeck
Italy enters war - 23 May 1915

Last edited:
Here are the facts i've typed, do i need to number each point from Franz Ferdinand Assassination, Austria Hungary war on Serbia, Schlieffen Plan, East Prussia, so i remember which events are in order? On August 3rd Germany attack Belgium, Should that point be under Shlieffen Plan? Shold i change Austria declares war on Serbia to Austria sends ultimatum to Serbia - 23 july 1914, then have Austria declares war on serbia ?

Attachments

• WW1(2).jpg
    WW1(2).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 32
If the numbering can help you may do that. The other things there look good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back