ww2 help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes it is OK. But there is a mistake though. In the blue field you wrote that "23 August 1914 Germany declares war on Germany". I think you want to say that Japan declares war on Germany right?

changed

Attachments

• Global War.jpg
    Global War.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 34
I'm confused. How would I know what facts to put in my tree maps? I can't think of important facts to add so I add anything.

To be honest I don't know how to help you my friend. If you read a book there are dates of events usually. But it must be you who decide which ones are more important and which ones have less significant meaning. Usually there is the info on when it happened/started or ended. So you have two dates at least , you may put in your tree map. Also there are mentioned , let's say , "turning points" that can be important and worth to put in the tree map. If there is no info on the date you may use other refrences to find it, eg. the Internet ( Wikipedia etc... )

Humm.. As memo serves Germans didn't have colonies in the North Pacyfic. Here is the world map with Germans' colonies marked blue. As you may notice the blue morked area on the Pacyfic is loctaed rather in the middle or southern part of the ocean. Also you have already put the correct info in the tree map. So you don't need to add anything more.

Deutsche_Kolonien.jpg

Japan declared war on Germany on 23 August 1914 and promptly seized all the German-held
islands in the North Pacific.

Just the Pacyfic I would say. The north area is at the top of the map posted above and as you may see there isn't any blue marked area.

However you may edit the pointed field of your tree map with the text written like in the pic below..

Global War2.jpg

Are all these facts ok?

Attachments

• Global War.jpg
    Global War.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 87
I'm thinking of doing a PowerPoint presentation from all the facts I've got of ww1. Could I make a presentation, do I have enough facts,

Hi for a powerpoint presentation on World War One I should mention about the build up to war and the alliances made which i don't have. I don't want to start my presentation with the Assassination of Franz Ferdinand because there's the build up before that event. What do you suggest i start with?

To be honest there wasn't any build-up to war before the attack on Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo. Of course you may start it with showing of the tree of the alliances among all WW1 participated countries. Also you may add a couple of smaller conflicts that happened before the assassination. Additionally you may mention something about the economical sytuation in the Europe.

So i could start with,

European Alliances - Countries that helped each other out in case of war. There were two alliances,
Triple Alliance and Triple Entente
Triple Alliances were, Germany, Austria-Hungary and Italy,
Triple Entante Britain France and Russia

Like that? Is the definition for Alliance ok and everything?

Yes like that. The Triple Alliance is also called " The Central Powers" Also you have to know that the Italy stayed neutral country at the beginning of the WW1 and then left the alliance on the 3rd May 1915. Contrary to Italy , the Kingdom of Bulgaria joined the Triple Alliance on the 14th October 1915. But earlier ,the alliance had joined the Ottoman Empire ( Turkey ) on the 2nd August 1914 (secret) and then on the 29th October 1914 (public). Therefore the Triple Alliance ( Central Powers ) is mentioned as the German - Austro Hungaria -Turkey alliance too. When the Bulgaria joined the league it is also known as the Quadruple Alliance.

so what structure should i have? 1. A picture showing the war, 2. Explain what the two Alliances are triple and Entente, 3. Explain about Assassination of Franz ferdinand??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back