ww2 help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would suggest using of any pic of WW1 but of nice resolution with the title in it. It should be the first slide. The second one can be as you said. I would add ( mention ) all members of each alliance with the dates of joining or leaving. The third slide can be as you said.

It says online that the triple alliance formed in 1887. I'm confused, Italy didn't join until May 1915. Triple Entante formed in 1907, yes?

Alec,

Actually, the Triple Alliance ( Central Powers ) started in 1879 with the German-Austria Hungary pact. Then the German-Italy pact was signed in 1882. And the date is said to be the beginning of the Triple Alliance. The Turkey ( Ottoman Empire ) joined 2 August 1914 and Bulgaria joined 14 October 1915. The Triple Alliance was renewed in 1887, 1891, 1902 and 1912.

But before Bulgaria joined , the Italy left the alliance on 3 May 1915. In fact the Italy never took part in World War I on the side of the Central Powers. From the beginning of the WW1 the country stayed neutral. Then left and joined the Entante in 1915.

The Entante started in 1907 with the Russia-Great Britain pact. But before that, the France had singned a pact with Russia on 17 August 1892. Then the France-Great Britain pact was signed in 1904.

Is that clear now?

so before ww1, Italy was allied with Germany and Austria-Hungary ( Triple Alliance) but when ww1 broke out Italy left central powers on 3 may 1914 to join the Triple Entente, on 26 April 1914?

Yes Italy was allied with Germany and Austria-Hungary since 1882. When the war started Italy announced the neutrality though. On 26 April 1915 ( not 1914 ) Italy signed pact in London with Great Britain. As a result Italy left the Central Powers on 3 May 1915 ( but not 1914 ) and joined the Entente. Twenty days later ,on 23 May 1915, Italy declared war on Austria-Hungary.

Initially the Entente was the pact of the first three countries. In 1914 Japan joined. Italy joined in 1915 . The USA joined as the "associated power" in 1917.

Associated Allies and co-belligerents:
1914 - Serbia, Belgium, Montenegro,
1915 - Nejd and Hasa
1916 - Portugal, Romania
1917 - Hejaz, Greece, China, Siam, Brazil,
1918 - Armenia

So members of the Central powers should i say, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire, Bulgaria? Shall i leave Italy out? I can't think how to word who the Central Powers were. Italy was a neutral member until 1915. The Triple Entante stayed the three members yes?

Yes Alec. The Triple Entente was the pact of three countries. Great Britain, France and Russia. But also the Japan that joined in 1914 and Italy in 1915. But the base of the Entente were the three first countries.

The Central Powers were: the Germany, Austra-Hungary and Italy. Then the Ottoman Empire (Turkey) joined in 1914. Italy left in 1915 and a while later in the same year the Bulgaria joined the pact

Here is a diagram. Perhaps it could help you to understand...

ww1diag.jpg

For my second slide should it be this?

Central Powers Triple Entante

Germany Britain
Austria-Hungary France
Ottoman Empire Russia
Bulgaria Italy
Japan

Central Powers Triple Entante

Germany Britain
Austria-Hungary France
Ottoman Empire Russia
Bulgaria Japan

Central Powers _________ Triple Entente

Germany ________________ Britain
Austria-Hungary ________ France
Italy _____________________ Russia

joined later :

Ottoman Empire ________ Japan
Bulgaria

Italy left the CP in 1915 and joined the Entente.

Yes Alec, it can be said in that way. But the base for both pacts were three countries for each.

So the alliances were both called triple eceñ though they had more than three countries in each?

I have made this to help me. what do you think, is the information correct?

Attachments

• Alliances.jpg
    Alliances.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back