WWI Mk 1 Bomb sight handbook

Micdrow

“Archive”
10,775
4,711
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
Wisconsin
Ran across this WWI Mk 1 Bomb sight handbook, kinda interesting.

Enjoy
 

Attachments

Thank you very much! I've been researching the british Mk1a Drift Sight, and I think this could be it!

Good man!
 
Hi Moggy,

>I've been researching the british Mk1a Drift Sight, and I think this could be it!

Hm, I believe drift sights are actually navigational instruments, not bomb sights. The bomb sight manual actually demands "avoidance of drift".

Here is a picture of a bomb sight from CW Hewitt's "An Elementary Course of Air Navigation", undated but certainly pre-WW2, showing a simple drift indicator. (There were more complicated devices for the same purpose.)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)
 

Attachments

  • Hewitt_An_Elementary_Course_in_Air_Navigation_p73pic_s.jpg
    Hewitt_An_Elementary_Course_in_Air_Navigation_p73pic_s.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 531
Nice bombsight handbook thanks...trying to find a spec sheet or drawing on the bombsights used by early Japanese bombers. Maybe it was a gunsight.
 
nice thread guys.

DBII
 
Thanks Micdrow. :thumbright:
I'll be checking this out tomorrow, its past late for me. :lol:


Wheels
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back