Yellow Dots in DH98 Mosquito Cockpit? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ThomasP has already stated that the armour plate spec is for a THROUGH-Hardened steel so there would be no need to distinguish one side from the other as both sides would offer equal resistance to impact.

Which makes my theory make sense, because it is visible. Why would the dot only be on the side that was face hardened to identify it as such if it were not able to be seen? It would be futile placing the marking behind the pilot's seat or on the front facing side of the forward bulkhead because no one can see that it indicated hardened steel at any rate. That theory that the side that is hardened is painted doesn't really make sense, so what ThomasP stated is more logical. If you are going to paint recognition markings, they have to be seen.

That's what I was saying!!!! The dots have nothing to do with face hardening for the reasons we both stated. I was disproving the theory or at least thought I was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back