You know that reporters have nothing to do when...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I just read in the newspaper the following poll : 75% of Québekers consider themself good drivers. Then I started to wonder...

1 - There was really nothing worth writing on anywhere around the world ?
2 - When you look at the questions asked, you see how much Québec drivers sucks...

At the questions :

- Do you consider yourself a good driver ? 75% of Québekers answered "Yes".
- Do you accelerate on a yellow light ? 46% of Québékers answered "Yes".
- Do you use the shoulder to get ahead when the road is blocked ? 87% answered "Yes".
- Do you go faster than the speed limit ? 36% answered "Yes". (B U L L S H I T ! I can tell you by experience that it is at least 80%.)

Now, not only are we bad drivers, but we are also hypocrites.

And who thought about that question ? Asking "Do you consider yourself a good driver ?" Is like asking "Do you consider yourself good at sex ?" It's obvious everyone will answer "Yes"... But we all know girls who (no pun intended) sucks... As well as girls know men who (once again, no pun intended) sucks. So why do you ask a question when you already know the answer ?

Typical media type question. It's kind of like that leading question "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" Of course, whatever you answer will look bad. If you answer no, because you don't beat your wife, you look like you do. If you answer yes, you used to beat your wife. No way to win. That's pretty much how a lot of the new has gotten. Too much sensationalism.

Personally I drive on the path' it saves a hell of a lot of hassle.
The roads are too ****ing dangerous, although one old girl in a wheel chair did put a nasty dent in my front wing last week, fortunately she bounced into a Burger King door way and landed on two discarded Whoppers (got 20 points for that)

Did you hear the story recently about the guy iin a wheelchair got hooked to the front of a tractor-trailer and was driven for about 2 miles on the front? Hell'vea ride!

BTW, why do we drive on the Parkway but park in a driveway?

Not so much lack of things to report on but a social knowledge and
'quirky' fact exercise. This poll and its results will be circulated at many social events for no real reason but for general chit chat. :lol:

I'm not really sure how different the US media is to Australian but it seems to get a bad rap in other threads I noticed, not all journos are bad I'm looking at becoming one :)

Get a M-18 Hellcat, they're fast enough for the roads and should you run into some roadhogs, then you could always use that nice long pointy thingy in the turret.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back