Your top 10 modern fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gawd i have so many Russian prototypes on my mind!!!!

F-22
Eurofighter Typhoon
Su-35? if not Su-27SMK
F/A-18
F-15
Dassault Rafale
MiG-29
F-16
MiG-31
Mirage 2000? cant think now

Didnt you hear about that Adler? The F-16 is just a big conspiracy, its really an all Russian design made by the what was thought to be defunct Lavochikin company.

;)

Well, if it doesn't have combat history under its belt it ain't proved itself worthy to be included in a list so in no order.....

F-4 Phantom
F-16
F-14
Mirage 2000
F-15
MiG 29
MiG 21
Harrier
F-117
F-5

Here is are few of mine.

Mig-25
Mig-31
Su-27
Mirrage 2000
Cheetah ( South African modified Mirage )
F-4 Phantom
Euro-fighter
F-14
Blackbird
F-117

Henk

Godd stuff guys but you're killing me with the Mig-25! A 1 to 3 kill ratio...

F-5s even shot them down!!!

Henk said:
The Mig-25 is a great asircraft that can do many things, but it is a nice aircraft, but I do not know about its combat record.

Henk

The Mig-25 was sh*t but a gem, it's a dog but a Thoroughbred. It was designed to take down one aircraft that never materialized and when pitted in other roles it suffered sadly. It didn't have an ejection seat and a stock F-4 could totally out maneuver it, but yet it had one of the most powerful airborne radars of its day - it looks great but because it was designed to kill one type of aircraft it was limited and its combat record proved it. It was a notable fighter but should not be considered a "top ten."

My opinion.....

Gnomey said:
FLYBOYJ said:
loomaluftwaffe said:
i agree, though a good interceptor
It couldn't intercept the SR-71.......
Could anything though? I thought it was immune to interception as it could out-run pretty much anything.
True - if you read Victor Belenko's book, he was told the Mig-25 was the most advanced aircraft in the world but yet they had this reconnaissance aircraft flying rings around them over their eastern borders - Silly Soviets!!!

Yes, flyboy you are right. The Mig-25 were a interceptor and not a fighter or a ground support aircraft. It did lack in the roles they gave it and it is sad. It had great radar like you said and that is what made a great aircraft to intercept bombers, but none of the others.

Well, I would actually replace the Mig-25 with the Mig-29. Great aircraft way better than the Mig-25. I would also say Saab's new fighter are also great for a 3rd generation fighter and it is cheap for the things it can do and the technology it have.

Henk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back