Your top 10 modern fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the bigger one is the Su-27
39109148.alainairshow347.jpg

39109146.alainairshow318.jpg

images from
http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/alain2005&page=all

Ok, wait I got some of them now. You see it is the company that supply the net to me that is so stupid. Why do you think looma is the Su-27 larger than the Mig-29?

Henk

because it is larger, you can carry more powerful engines, better avionics, better armament in a larger airframe

Yes, but have you seen the range of the Su-27. For such a aircraft it is great. The Su-27 is a great aircraft and I would get some of those baby's in my airforce if I had my own country. The Su-27 are mostly not talked about it is always just the US aircraft.

I think that the Su-27 is better than what the west can produce right now.

But, we should also look at the skill of the pilot again. If you take the South African Bush War you would see it was the Mirage against the Mig-23, Mig-21, Mig-15, Mig-17, Mig-25 etc. etc. Some of those aircraft are way ahead of the Mirages the South African Airforce had, but who had the best kills ratio?

The pilot makes or brake your airforce.

Henk

The Su-27 and the Mig-29 have 2 different roles.

The Mig-29 is more of a fighter like the F-16. In fact it was designed to counter the F-16. The Su-27 is an interceptor not a fighter and was designed to be an equivilent of the F-15.

its just that the Su-27 wasn't the unstable-thing type like the F-16 and the F-15 as they don't have very advanced avionics, they designed the Su-27for stability and tweaked it for more maneuverability and agility

Users who are viewing this thread

Back