Your top 10 modern fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gawd i have so many Russian prototypes on my mind!!!!

F-22
Eurofighter Typhoon
Su-35? if not Su-27SMK
F/A-18
F-15
Dassault Rafale
MiG-29
F-16
MiG-31
Mirage 2000? cant think now

Didnt you hear about that Adler? The F-16 is just a big conspiracy, its really an all Russian design made by the what was thought to be defunct Lavochikin company.

Well, if it doesn't have combat history under its belt it ain't proved itself worthy to be included in a list so in no order.....

F-4 Phantom
F-16
F-14
Mirage 2000
F-15
MiG 29
MiG 21
Harrier
F-117
F-5

Here is are few of mine.

Mig-25
Mig-31
Su-27
Mirrage 2000
Cheetah ( South African modified Mirage )
F-4 Phantom
Euro-fighter
F-14
Blackbird
F-117

Henk

Henk said:
The Mig-25 is a great asircraft that can do many things, but it is a nice aircraft, but I do not know about its combat record.

Henk

The Mig-25 was sh*t but a gem, it's a dog but a Thoroughbred. It was designed to take down one aircraft that never materialized and when pitted in other roles it suffered sadly. It didn't have an ejection seat and a stock F-4 could totally out maneuver it, but yet it had one of the most powerful airborne radars of its day - it looks great but because it was designed to kill one type of aircraft it was limited and its combat record proved it. It was a notable fighter but should not be considered a "top ten."

My opinion.....

True - if you read Victor Belenko's book, he was told the Mig-25 was the most advanced aircraft in the world but yet they had this reconnaissance aircraft flying rings around them over their eastern borders - Silly Soviets!!!

Yes, flyboy you are right. The Mig-25 were a interceptor and not a fighter or a ground support aircraft. It did lack in the roles they gave it and it is sad. It had great radar like you said and that is what made a great aircraft to intercept bombers, but none of the others.

Well, I would actually replace the Mig-25 with the Mig-29. Great aircraft way better than the Mig-25. I would also say Saab's new fighter are also great for a 3rd generation fighter and it is cheap for the things it can do and the technology it have.

Henk

Users who are viewing this thread