Your Wishlist?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've ordered the beast, along with some filler and Micro Set for the Hurricane and Dornier. I have no idea when I will build the Venom - I've got a work-related relocation coming up in June, I will hopefully be settled for a good while after that, so I will be able to build and display the thing somewhere 8)

I'm already ridiculously excited about this thing turning up, I remember my dad building the Matchbox version and thinking it was the coolest (and biggest) thing I had ever seen!

It'll keep growing Karl!
Thanks Jan, it was Classic Airframes I was thinking of!
BT, I saw the Venom built and painted, and it is a VERY nice model when done; I think you'll like it.

I have dim memories of the one my dad built, it looked gorgeous, and IIRC, the panel over the engine could be removed to reveal a very detailed Ghost 104/105 8) If the marking options are the same as the Matchbox issue, there should be an FAA FAW.22 and an NF.3 based at Leuchars (?) in there, I will definitely be going for the FAA variant, as I have a soft spot for just about anything that the RN flew off a carrier!

Must admit Catch, if I build USN/USMC, it is more likely to be a Phantom. I wouldn't mind a go at an FAA Corsair though. Revell also do a 1/32nd Martlet (F4F in FAA service) which looks quite fun.

I don't think I really have a 'favourite' a/c type or family that I would build a lot of, if I was to do a 'theme' it would probably be FAA... or Coastal Command if I wanted something really obscure! :D :lol:

Speaking of which, Academy do a 1/72nd Coastal Command B-17E... oh to win the lottery and retire tomorrow!!!!

Must admit Catch, if I build USN/USMC, it is more likely to be a Phantom. I wouldn't mind a go at an FAA Corsair though. Revell also do a 1/32nd Martlet (F4F in FAA service) which looks quite fun.

I don't think I really have a 'favourite' a/c type or family that I would build a lot of, if I was to do a 'theme' it would probably be FAA... or Coastal Command if I wanted something really obscure! :D :lol:

Speaking of which, Academy do a 1/72nd Coastal Command B-17E... oh to win the lottery and retire tomorrow!!!!

Sorry BT, I meant FAA Corsairs.

Lucky, these are your fault... :D

ICM do the German dreadnoughts Konig, Markgraf and Grosser Kurfurst in 1/350, about 30 quid each from what I have seen online. Consider them added to my list 8)

Dribble, drool, etc... :lol:

Thinking of getting a little ship (1/600 Airfix jobby maybe>) after Hurri Dornier are done, to see how it works out. The WEM site is pure pRon to naval history geeks like myself, but I wouldn't get to shelling out 30 quid for a teeny tiny destroyer until I knew for a fact I could make a good job of it.

I actually have a Revell 1/570 KGV in the stash, for some reason though, when I last packed it up a few years ago, there were still bits of masking tape on it. You can imagine how that looks now, of course ](*,)

Had to warm this thread up again, was browsing modelsforsale.com last night and saw another Revell reissue of a Matchbox kit, this time the 1/72 Victor K.2. Having seen the original MB box art of one done up in green and grey with the belly still in anti-flash white, I am more than sold, and will be parting with thirteen quid as soon as the Falklands sextuplets and Sea Venom are done 8)

yes, you heard me right....80's cars!

one in particular, a third generation Camaro! :D

*shivers* :lol: They stopped making good looking cars '72....or thereabouts. :lol: :lol: Third generation Camaro you say Rob, is that those when they used to build one called IROC-Z or something?

exactly. :) do a search on wikipedia on third generation camaro.

but yes, I've been eyeing 80's monte carlos and such.

heh, yes I'm very old fashioned :lol: I'm SUCH an 80's freak. I'm still waiting for a Delorean (my fave car in the world)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back