Your Wishlist?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fishing tackle shop Jan - you'll get a case like mine, which opens at the top cantilever style. All your tools etc go in the bottom, and the top trays hold the paints and act as a stand too.

Does anyone know of a good RN Phantom out there, any scale? I have been having a look round for a while and can only find US. LW, JSDF or RAF types :scratch:

This is, of course, for future reference, cos if I actually get to buying all of this lot I'm going to have to build a 1:1 fleet carrier to put them all on :D

BT I know Fujimi do a 1/72 F-4K Phantom but its rare ,also I'm pretty sure I've seen a hasegawa 1/48 F-4K .(Both have RN decals)

I don't know of anyone else that makes a 1/72 F-4K besides fujimi?

BT, Matchbox used to do a very nice RN/RAF Phantom in 1/72nd scale. Hasegawa have recently re-released their RAF Phantom, and I THINK the RN one, in 1/48th scale. Both are the same kit really, as the minor parts for the FGR2 and FG1 are included. I have the original 1980's RN version, which I did as a 43 Sqn RAF machine. If you can only get the RAF kit, and want to do the RN one, I've still got the decals, and the colour scheme sheet etc.
BTW, the kit price is the same as it was around 1986, about £26, and I believe both Hannant's and Model Hobbies have stock. I'm not sure, but I think I saw a Revell 1/72nd scale kit also, which will almost certainly be a re-issue of the Matchbox kit.

I believe so Daniel, that's why I think I've seen a RAF/RN Phantom under their label. If so, and if it is the old Matchbox one, then it was/is a very good kit. It might appear to be not as refined by todays standards, but it LOOKS like a 'British' Phantom, and builds nicely, with good parts , including boarding ladders.
The Hasegawa 1/48th kit is a beaut, although short on AIM9's, and still at the same price it was 20+ years ago, with metal wheels and rubber tyres as an option, and great decals and detail. Very good value for a big kit of a big bird.

A B25 would be good, but bl**dy big! Are you listening Revell AG?
Like the idea of a Tempest in 1/48th - surprised there hasn't been a mainline injection kit yet. A Whirlwind would also be nice - a much under rated aircraft that did a lot of good work.
Now, a GOOD Mosquito, in both bomber and fighter bomber, in 1/32nd scale - now you're talking! Hello again Revell AG!

I think theres a 1/48 Whirlwind made by Classic Airframes ,Bloody rare though last one I saw went for over a 100

Thanks for the answers on the Phantom chaps 8) A 1/48 Tempest would be a nice idea - I think 1/72 is just too small for single engine fighters. And a Whirlwind in any scale would be welcome.

Actually, an RAF B-17 would be nice as well 8) Academy do a Coastal Command Fortress III (B-17E?), but I was thinking more about the Bomber Command Fortresses (B-17C?), which were so conspicuously unsuccessful as day bombers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back