1:1 SCALE HURRICANE PROJECT

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff. Here's a pic of the real thing. If you find this useful, you can go to this thread for more. I will be posting another quarterly update there soon: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/warbird-displays/calgarys-hurricane-move-34551.html

1Q2015 Report Pictures39.jpg

Small update as I haven't been on for a while

The panel gets ever closer
WP_20151206_23_20_03_Pro_zpsca6azrza.jpg

Ive also built some of the front 'engine compartment' This is the main framework, there will also be wood formers added to this, the same as the rear as I don't have a merlin to pop in lol. Note the wing curve which will be filled in by the fillet
WP_20151207_13_17_57_Pro_zpsp8rg2ctc.jpg

Ive also built half the wing centre section, this will be the top half, the bottom will have the undercarriage cut outs. ive got to basically build this twice and weld them one above the other approx. 10 inches apart. Im not quite sure whether to attach the undercarriage legs and wheels then slide it under the fuselage or not. Theres quite a bit of weight and im doing most of this on my own.
WP_20151207_14_18_50_Pro_zpsjlqijhnu.jpg

pic is on its side

Great stuff !
Why not bung a lawn mower or small motorbike engine up front, as they did with the BoB movie replicas? The prop blades would have to be really secure on the hub though !
Might be better to have the undercart attached if possible - probably make assembly, and any future dis-assembly/re-assembly easier, and, if done properly, would probably also make the overall assembly stronger. Just a thought.

Hi airframes, yes I think that's the best idea. Going to be too hard to mount it all afterwards I think. As for the engine, ive had a few ideas. Im going to wait until ive got a prop sorted first and go from there, ideally after a fibreglass one to keep weight down

Now if Jan had that, he'd be sitting in it, calling out "Repeat please?" and making machine-gun noises !

A couple of pics of a crude compass mount ive made, im going to have a few goes until I perfect it but you get the general idea

WP_20151209_16_38_01_Pro_zpsitir5yfj.jpg

WP_20151209_16_38_12_Pro_zpslbdfvrim.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back