<> **** DONE: 1/32 Fokker DVII (OAW) - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys...masked the yellow and top decking and painted the fuselage....glossed the mid fuselage as the cross will require a light overspray of the blue to dull it down. A portion of the blue also needs an extra coat so these will happen together.
Also painted the lower wing grey and glossed this overall too.
72_Blue painted-Fuselage-5426.jpg
73_Blue Painted-Fuselage-5428.jpg
74_Lower Wing Painted & Glossed_5424.jpg

Very nice paint work. Am i doing something wrong; if i gloss coat just a portion of the painted area, that area always turns out darker than the rest

That seems odd George, can't explain that....my gloss goes on without a hitch....

Ok, cracked on with adding the lozenge decals to the lower wing, this saves major time, would have been a pain to relicate those 2 different colour patterns for top and bottom of the wing. did lower first yesterday, top today giving them time to settle down correctly.Each of the strips or lines now has to have light blue rib tapes applied....more fun..:D
75_Lower Wing Lozenge Decals_5438.jpg
76_Lower Wing upper Decals_5440.jpg

Thanks Guys...have continued on adding the Blue rib tapes on the starboard lower wing, only pain was the trailing edge wrapping them on such a small profile but I got there. the bottom wasnt perfect so i mixed some paint to match and did some small touchups...then added the wing cross.
77_Upper Wing Blue Rib Tapes_5449.jpg
78_Lower Wing Blue Ribtape & Cross_5452.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back