<> **** FINISHED: 1/32 Corsair F4U-1A - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

turbo

Staff Sergeant
Jan 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Username: turbo
First name: Kirby
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model Type: F4U-1A Corsair
Aftermarket addons: Barracuda cockpit stencils and placards, Montex canopy and insignia masks, scratchbuilding on engine, cowl flap pulley system, wheel well plumbing.

Greg "Pappy" Boyington's mount from the famous Black Sheep squadron VMF-214 based on Vella Lavella in late 1943. The kit was a pleasure to build with excellent engineering from Tamiya and plenty of detail to play with, although it often pushed me out of my comfort zone - a good thing. The full build thread is here: <> **** DONE: 1/32 Corsair F4U-1A - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Mandatory photos. I had to shoot on a murky winter's day so might update later.

port rear web.jpg

port foreward web.jpg

front web.jpg

starboard front web.jpg

starboard rear web.jpg

rear web.jpg

Some extra pics shortly.

Last edited:
I love the detail stuff. How did you do the knobs, switches and labels in the cockpit? That was one war-weary looking Corsair. Great R-2800 also. It's a real beauty. Can someone please explain to me what a "Group Build" is?

I love the detail stuff. How did you do the knobs, switches and labels in the cockpit? That was one war-weary looking Corsair. Great R-2800 also. It's a real beauty. Can someone please explain to me what a "Group Build" is?

Thanks! The cockpit detail was done with a combination of painting with a fine brush and the Barracuda cockpit stencils and placards decal set.

A Group Build is where everyone who chooses to participate builds a model according to the theme of the group build and posts their progress. You can nominate for novice, intermediate, or advanced categories and at the end the models in each category are judged. It's a fun activity where everybody can share experiences and information on a common theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back