1/32 Fw190A-8

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

phoenix7187

Airman
Jan 25, 2007
ohio
This is Hasegawa's 1/32 fw190A-8 new tooled kit. Very nice kit in both detail and fit. Decals are eagle,. it's painted and marked to depict schlangenschwarm fw190A-7/R6 "red 8". I did not back date it due to limited time when I built it. I use this kit because it's what I had close at the time.

I added cockpit photo etch set, and a scratchbuilt throttle. External I added brake lines, radio antenna, some rivit detail (along provided panel line only), flatted tires, Drilled out hood guns, deleted outboard wing guns, improved the gear indcators, hollow tube used for cannons, and scratchbuilt the WGr 21 rocket tubes.

Kept the weathring light as this mechine seems to be in very good condition from the pics.

190A5.jpg

190A6.jpg

190snake5-1.jpg

190A3.jpg

190A1.jpg

190A4.jpg

The pilot of this fw190 was FW. R. Hartkopf. I had at one time found some info on him, but now can't find anything. If any of you guys happen to know anything about hartkopf, That would be great.

I'm with you Wurger. excellent.

NJ, yes it is a decal, there are at least 4 different 190A-7/8's that carry the snake motif that I am aware of.

Well, well, well none other than General Galland:shock: . I see you moved to Canada no less:lol:. As far as construction goes no other info I can think of. The 190 is question is from Einsatzachwarm of Jagdgruppe JGr. 10. the work number is unknown. This was a special weapons and tactics unit of the luftwaffe. There are at least one other Fw190A-8 with the snake on the fuselage and thats "red 11". The info I have indcates it had "factory standered" stenciling, but from the pics I have I could see none at all.

like wayne little said the snake is a 3 part decale. The head on the engine cowling, main body between that and the fuselage cross,And finally the tail from the Cross back. It also thin and a real pain to get into correct position. Which if you screw it up thorws off all your other marking. I would not recommend it for the novice modeler.

The pilot is listed as R. hartkopf, I'm sure I had found info on him in the past, but now can't even find his name in the luftwaffe pilots list:evil:

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. I built it in large scale with those marking just because I thought it would look cool. I sits in my living room on a glass table and makes an excellent conversation piece. The most commonly ask question I get is "did they really fly it painted like that".

Thanks for the comments guys. All comments and critque welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back