1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 "Black One"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hope it works for you John. The real 190 canopy actually was split at the top centerline part way along the length of the glazing. It could be an option to do the same on your model, drilling a small hole at the end of the split and then sawing the plastic with a very fine saw (I have PE ones for this type of thing) up to the hole. Once the desired angle is achieved, the sawn split can be filled with CA. Not sure I'd have the courage to try this myself but thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited:
This build is so good...I can't get enough of it...
Like I wrote before, I'm a huge fan of your building and painting techniques!
Thanks for sharing all your knowledge :)

Thanks for checking in! The canopy tabs seem to be holding. Sawing the canopy was NOT an option that I was considering... I'm sure I would've mucked that up! The aerial is a combination of two materials. The main line is stretched sprue. But that problematic limp line that goes from the fuselage up to the taut aerial line is a piece of pre-bent fine wire "posed" in the appropriate way.

After that, all that was left was to glue in those tiny landing gear indicators (almost forgot about them), the pitot tube and pop in the propeller. Instead of giving another build update, let's just skip to the finish line... Here is my finished Fw190D-9 "Black 1".

JTK_9912.jpg

JTK_0026.jpg

JTK_0030.jpg

JTK_0038.jpg

JTK_0032.jpg

JTK_0020.jpg

JTK_0059.jpg

JTK_0033.jpg

JTK_9903.jpg

More pictures to come!

I agree with everyone, about the qualifiers to your work.
Your new Dora will be an excellent reference and consultation to practice the different techniques throughout the process.
We have a winning model in future competitions.
Congratulations John.
BTW, the photographs are very good!

Saludos. :thumbup:

Thanks guys! It better look nice since it was on my workbench for eight months! I am happy with the way that she turned out but there's lots of stuff that could be improved upon. Definitely need to be more careful with my model surfaces prior to painting to counter the paint chipping problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back