1/32 Mosquito FB VI - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Catch22
First name: Cory
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model Type: Mosquito FB VI
Aftermarket addons: Aviaeology Decals, and I'm debating about getting some metal gun barrels.

I will be doing HR147 "Hairless Joe" flown by Wing Commander Russell Bannock and Flight Officer Robert Bruce of 418 Squadron, RCAF "City of Edmonton", and Intruder squadron. 418 was the highest scoring squadron in the RCAF during the war, with W/C Bannock of Edmonton, Alberta scoring 11 aircraft kills (2 on the ground), 4 damaged and 19.5 V-1 kills, on one mission shooting down four V-1s in an hour. He is still alive, I believe he now lives in Ontario and is 96. I do not know Robert Bruce's status.

screen-shot-2016-02-23-at-12-12-33-pm-png.337813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Cory, and if you need any info, just shout.
I can certainly recommend the brass gun barrels, and they'll make a heck of a difference. A tad expensive, as there's only two per pack, but well worth it I think.

Buys 216.jpg

Yep, that's the full set of MGs and cannons, and very nice too !
Made by the same company as mine, but they weren't released when I got my MGs sets.

Yeah, I thought it was the same. Well, I'll certainly think hard about getting them. The price doesn't seem too bad either. I just wish I had been able to get my hands on one of the Avieaology stencil sets before they ran out.

Great stuff Cory and, yes, Russ is alive and well. We interviewed him for a series of videos we are having produced to go along with our restoration project. His observer, Robert Bruce lived to 96 as well but passed away in 2012.

I have tons of info in the Mossy and plenty of detail pics of KA114, the flying FB.VI, so don't hesitate to shout .

Thanks Andy. That's unfortunate about Robert Bruce but at least he lived a long life. I'll probably have to hit you up for some cockpit photos if you've got them, but no rush at all since this isn't being started anytime soon.

Got quite a few cockpit pics Cory. Just check what radio fit is provided in the kit, and whether there's a 'Gee' set too.
By this period, the FB.VI had the American SCR radio, with the remote tuner in the rear of the cockpit, and the radios themselves in the mid fuselage, rather than the bulky 1155 sets (as used in the Lancaster etc) previously fitted. The remote was mounted alongside the RF unit for the 'Gee' display, which was against the port wall facing inwards. The antenna was a whip type, replacing the rigid mast and wires.

Thanks guys!

Terry, I don't really know what I'm looking for, but when I get home I'll take a peek at what's in the kit. I suspect that I do not have a Gee radio however.

Is this Tamiya's latest and greatest? Looking forward to seeing this one! Please treat us to some sprue shots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back