1/32 P-35 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username- Meatloaf109
Catagory- Intermediate
Scale- 1/32
Manufacturer- Williams Bros.
Model type- Seversky P-35 Guardsman
Aftermarket- Nope, but there's gonna be a bunch of wire, plastic bits 'n stuff.
History:
With it's sleek lines and graceful... O.K. ... I can't go on, it's ugly. You know it and I know it. But at one time it was cutting edge for the U.S.A.A.C.
An all metal (mostly), monoplane with enclosed canopy and retracting (kind-of) landing gear, it was the fore runner of the P-47.
The kit:
This one is from back in the good old days, when men were men and model kits came with "detailed interior"s. Usually this meant a stick and seat, but the Williams Bros. went a little further in presenting the basic interior, but zip on the plumbing.
I intend to fix that.

web pic.jpg

And, oh yeah, its my favorite aircraft.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
p-35 pit port pic.jpg
Scratched throttle quad, switch box, landing gear hydraulic control and cowl flap/oil cooler levers. I still have to do the fuel tank selector, various wiring, plumbing and odds'n sods, before starting on the starboard side.
The zinc-ie green is based on photos of the U.S.A.F. museum's P-35. I've seen picts of the two P-35-a's that also survive (Planes of Fame and Swedish A.F. museum), and these have natural metal finish. I have to surmise that the initial batch was zinc-ed, and the export batch (35-a) were NMF.
If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time!

Nice one for a first timer to the GB, welcome mate and from what you are planning I'd say we are in for a nice detailed treat.

As a thought, I recently built a Buffalo of the Finnish AF, they were ex US Navy and were sent by Finland to Sweden for fitting out in metric instruments and refurbishing, they changed the internal colour form zinc chromate to a steel grey which would fit with your comment about the Swedish kites internal colour.

Nice one for a first timer to the GB, welcome mate and from what you are planning I'd say we are in for a nice detailed treat.

As a thought, I recently built a Buffalo of the Finnish AF, they were ex US Navy and were sent by Finland to Sweden for fitting out in metric instruments and refurbishing, they changed the internal colour form zinc chromate to a steel grey which would fit with your comment about the Swedish kites internal colour.
Thanks, Vic! Its nice to get a confirmation on a thought that came after half a dozen Miller high lifes. (I do some of my best thinking half crocked)
Well, I'm off to throw paint and glue at random chunks of styrene.

Welcome and great choice. Are you doing the civvy racer version or the Army pursuit?

Cheers

Peter
Going with U.S.A.A.C. with kit markings, I wanted a different squadron perhaps 94th or 1st, but my decal box let me down.

Looks good thus far but can you crop the shots of the details to show more in the future?looks like we might be missing something when I don't want to.

O.k. I added the trim control, fuel tank selector, and bits of wiring and hoses. It's Miller Time!
2-5-12 p-35 progress 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back