1/32 Revell Spitfire MKIIa

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Totalize

Tech Sergeant
The completed final pictures of my Revell Spitfire.

41 Squadron RAF. Spring 1941.
This MKII was donated to 41 Squadron by 1st Canadian Infantry Division.

Cheers,
Dave.

IMG_1084a900.JPG

IMG_1083a900.JPG

IMG_1079a900b.JPG

IMG_1077a900.jpg

IMG_1085z1000.JPG

IMG_1074a900.jpg

IMG_1072a900.jpg

IMG_1071a900.jpg

IMG_1017vvvvvv.jpg

Last edited:
Andy,
Sorry to hear that. Had a lot going on in my life the last few years and found it difficult to complete a build in 4 months. But things should improve quite a bit in the new year hence my comments about the group build.

Glad to hear things are looking up. I wasn't pointing fingers and totally understand. We all have real lives that are far more important than joining a GB.

Beautiful!
Do you add supplements?
I'm thinking of the Barracuda correction set "Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I / Mk.II Wing Correction Set" ref.BCR32175

Barracuda Studios Aircraft detailing - BCR32175 | Hannants

Yours truly

François

I build one of my Spitfire MK II and did add this kit to it. It was a lot of work. A specially the two underwing radiators that implies some major chirurgic of the wing. But the result even if not very noticeable if one does not know they are there.

But if two models, one with the upgrade and one without, then you can see the big differences.

Now I for the majority of my builds I add only big error correcting aftermarket kits and some internal details like cockpit details when I put no pilot inside.

In not so many words this update kit is nice and correct some errors from the Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk II. But I find it a little to expensive.

I build one of my Spitfire MK II and did add this kit to it. It was a lot of work. A specially the two underwing radiators that implies some major chirurgic of the wing. But the result even if not very noticeable if one does not know they are there.

But if two models, one with the upgrade and one without, then you can see the big differences.

Now I for the majority of my builds I add only big error correcting aftermarket kits and some internal details like cockpit details when I put no pilot inside.

In not so many words this update kit is nice and correct some errors from the Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk II. But I find it a little to expensive.

Thank you for your feedback.
I understand that adding supplements can become very expensive!
Yours truly

François

Beautiful!
Do you add supplements?
I'm thinking of the Barracuda correction set "Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I / Mk.II Wing Correction Set" ref.BCR32175

Barracuda Studios Aircraft detailing - BCR32175 | Hannants

Yours truly

François

Hello Francois,
Sorry the late response. For sure, I used the Barracuda sets. I also got the MK1 ailerons but realized afterward that by the summer of 1941 MKII's had the metal ones which the kit comes with. Definitely I would suggest a ROTOL prop and spinner. MKII's look odd with them.

As for cost. I got my sets when Barracuda had like a 40 or 50% off sale which I think was in January. Not sure. But they do put sales on from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back