1/32 Trumpeter A-7E converted to Hellenic A-7H

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good evening guys, better late than never so here i am with another update, this time dealing with the back end of the model, turbine and exhaust area.
But before going to this, i made the seat belts from tamiya tape. I did not want to use the photoedge ones as they were wrong. I only used the metallic buckles. I used tamiya tape because i wanted replicate the fabric effect on them. Hope i finally managed it.

Then i started dealing with the back end and especially with the part of the fuselage surrounding the exhaust pipe. At the beginning i tried to correct the wrong oval shape of the exhaust portion of the fuselage. For that i used a simple jig made out of sprue and hot water. I managed it a bit i could not totally fix it but i tried to maintain the proportions. Next i cut off this piece from both halves in order to glue them and to build all the internal detail. Very time consuming work but i think worth the time. In order to keep the rings at same distance and also parallel to each other i made i made some distance spacers.

Next i started dealing with the internal structure in front of the turbine. I had to make 3 of those profiles the most inner one where the kits turbine is going to sit and the two others in front of it.

Next it was the engine. The one that the kit offers is....... i did not like it so i started detailing it, first i cut of the conical shape in front and and shaved all the details leaving only the turbine blades. After that i started building my details....

Then i tried to scratch build the conical exhaust. For this i used this site which proved to be very helpful http://www.blocklaye...e-patterns.aspx So i printed the shape with the dimentions i wanted, made a pattern and i used the empty can of a beer to build it.

And finally i performed a dry fit in order to be sure that everything is in the right place and also to mark the places i have to glue them later. In the most inner detail you can see that i glued a disk where the engine with the exhaust pipe will sit. Another item i had to be sure that i would sit right and straight.

And the real thing, just to get an idea.....

That's all for now guys, hope you like it!!!

John

Wow awesome job !!
The details are formidable and these "triangles" surrounding the engine, how you fold? Heat or hot water!
I have still so much to learn in managing scratch ... keep taking notes ...

Congratulations John on the achievements so far.

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread