1/72 A&A Models Northrop F-15 Reporter (aka photo-recon P-61 Black Widow)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01, always good to see more pictures! One that I found particularly interesting is the P-61 with canvas covers over all three tires. I'm used to seeing canopy covers both in photos and in manuals, but I don't recall seeing this before.
If I ever feel tired and want to do a quick build, I suppose adding canopy covers, intake covers, and wheel covers would really speed things up!

The pilot seat had a folded armor plate. It was wide at the shoulders and narrow for the head, where it had a padded headrest.

Attachments

• IMG_6239.jpg
    IMG_6239.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6242.jpg
    IMG_6242.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6243.jpg
    IMG_6243.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 2
If you are modeling the F-15 with the main gear doors closed, you can glue in the shorter (outboard) door before the landing gear, as shown in the first photo.
Of course, first you have to remove forward section of the door, first.
The second photo is to show that you need to make a small notch on the longer (inboard) door. If you glue that door on, you can no longer install the landing gear. Or at least you will need to figure out how to work it in (you perhaps could notch out the hole that the gear goes into, but I have not verified that myself and it will make it harder to properly align the gear).
The way the main gear doors work is common with the P-61B/C/D/E.

Attachments

• IMG_6240.jpg
    IMG_6240.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6241.jpg
    IMG_6241.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back