1/32 Vought F4U-1A Corsair Bubbletop.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Happy Anniversary to both of you. Great details that have me wondering how the mating surfaces come together....
I've had the same thought Andy and this is the pick I have followed as best I can:

20231016 6.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for popping in folks. Not much to show, I have all the bits ready for masking and painting, am hoping to get to this tomorrow, it is going to be a bitter cold day, so time spent in the house masking will be better than time in the garage spraying which I'll attack later in the day if all goes well.

The outer wings are only dry fitted for the moment but both look to be sitting well.
20240629 1.JPG

20240629 2.JPG

I am thinking of displaying one side of the engine but I believe that the engine cowl only comes in upper and lower halves. This would mean that to do a one side display I would have to cheat and cut the cowls in half which would take away the authentication of the model. I'll have to chew on it.
20240629 3.JPG

The propeller is huge when seen like this, I've sprayed the tips yellow over a white base and the rest of the blades silver. The tips will be masked and the rest sprayed black.
20240629 4.JPG

That's about it folks. :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back