1/32nd scale Mosquito FBVI conversion.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks mate, I hope to have some more to show soon. Currently working on version 3 of the throttle/pitch quadrant!

Thanks Vic. This is what I'm trying to replicate on the port wall.

Attachments

• Mossie port wall.JPG
    Mossie port wall.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Mossie throttles.JPG
    Mossie throttles.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 103
Looking forward to seeing this build. At 1/32 scale it must be quite the size.
Looks like your friend Bob was one of the few Americans that decided to stay with the RCAF rather than transfer to the USAAF.
BTW not sure if you guys are aware but here in Canada our Conservative Government has recently re-instituted the name of the Royal Canadian Airforce
for our airforce here.

Thanks T. Yes, it's a reasonable size. Bob was born in the UK, moving to the USA when he was 4, far as I remember. As a result of staying with the RCAF/RAF, he lost his rights, and had to apply for Citizenship on his return to the 'States!
It's good to see the 'RCAF' title back, rather than Canadian Armed Forces - CAF just need an 'e' on the end, and people would be queing for coffee !

Seriously guys, all this rust talk has given me an idea. I've noticed that when handling freshly rusted steel my hands get covered with rust dust. If this power was collected I'm sure it could have modeling applications.

Very possibly. In the past I've used very fine soil 'dust' to make real 'mud' for model tanks etc, fine ash, chalk dust and many other natural materials. Why pay silly prices for bottled 'weathering pigments', when we are surrounded by the real thing?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back