1/32nd scale Mosquito FBVI conversion.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hope you get back to it soon Terry. Be great to see the detailing you put into it before I tackle the Airfix 1:24 kit.

Cheers, Gerry

Just tuned into this one again, Terry, to see the progress you've made since my last post. Hope you're able to resume the build in the near future. I'm following with interest your scratch building detail, as I've had the 1/24th Airfix FBVI on my shelf for nearly a year now and hope to get cracking on it sometime in 2012, so the more hints I can get the happier I'll be. :)

Hi Gerry, so just how big is the finished 1/24? Is there a build to follow on here yet?
Thanks.
Alan.

Maybe at some time in the future.
I ran into a slight problem, in as much as the rear, 'plug' part of the resin nose sits too far back into the cockpit area - only by a few mm, but enough to prevent the bulkhead, and more importantly, the rudder pedals and instrument panel, being sited correctly. I need to see if the resin can be hollowed out somehow, but still retain enough surface for smooth, strong bond to the fuselage.

Maybe at some time in the future.
I ran into a slight problem, in as much as the rear, 'plug' part of the resin nose sits too far back into the cockpit area - only by a few mm, but enough to prevent the bulkhead, and more importantly, the rudder pedals and instrument panel, being sited correctly. I need to see if the resin can be hollowed out somehow, but still retain enough surface for smooth, strong bond to the fuselage.

I've never played with resin so know absolutely nothing about it. I have started back on the Revell kit but can't seem to drum up much enthusiasm for it. I might drop back and do something else, I have a few different kits to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back