1/32nd scale Mosquito FBVI conversion.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seriously guys, all this rust talk has given me an idea. I've noticed that when handling freshly rusted steel my hands get covered with rust dust. If this power was collected I'm sure it could have modeling applications.

Great idea! Might need to sift it to get the bigger bits out.

Ah! Wait a mo.
If Jan has to do this, then it might be counter-productive. Let's face it, by the time he's removed the Guinness cans, and cleared away the caps from the 'Scottish White Wine' bottles (AKA Whisky), he'd probably be struggling.
Especially living in Glasgow, where rust and Deep Fried Mars Bars look very similar - well, maybe after a few pints of 'Heavy' !!!

Deep fried Mars bars... :)

Reminds me of the old Paul Hogan Show..he had a segment "Cooking with Mars Bars" . Ladies all sent in recipes for cakes, puddings etc etc including Mars Bars in the mix.... Then one week some clown sent in the recipe for "Rack of Mars Bars".

Watching two grown men struggling to tie 6 Bars into a "teepee" and then put it into the oven to bake, was hilarious.

Last edited:
I just watched the "Hangover Cure" again for the first time in years..laughed so hard my wife came to check on me....

I had also forgotten "Nigel" a bit like Kelly Enema's "Sid' but on acid.

And Delvene Delaney...ooooh... ah, um, sorry, got to go.."private" time again :)

It's 'waiting in the wings' Darryl. Soon as I've finished the current commission build, and the models for the Museums, I'll be back to it.
I bought a resin 'Fighter' nose, and brass .303 Brownings, which will make life easier, but it also means a slight 're-think', as the nose is 'solid', and will sit slightly too far into the cockpit to allow depth for the rudder pedals and what would be the bulkhead forward of the instrument panel.
This means I'll probably have to hollow out part of the resin, and alter the nose of the fuselage to accept the resin part, rather than the originally planned 'built up' nose, using balsa and Milliput.
Here's what the new nose and guns look like.

Attachments

• Buys 208.jpg
    Buys 208.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Buys 209.jpg
    Buys 209.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Buys 216.jpg
    Buys 216.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 84
Thanks chaps - itching to get back to it, but got the other stuff to do to a deadline first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back