1/48 Aéronavale F4U-7 - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geeze Geo, don't know how you do it. It may have been in a different squadron at some point too. I will keep trying to find pictures of -7s and see if I come across it by accident.

This MIGHT be it, but I'm leaning towards it being 133716. I took it into photoshop and didn't get anything conclusive, but I think I see the top of the 6 on there.

CorsairTebessaSept195967.jpg

Now that I look at it again, I think the side number is 10, NOT 11 like I originally thought, which would make it 716. 11 appears to be beside it, but what serial it is, I do not know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, got your emails. This will be a pain. I may just buy that magazine, or hope someone on the forum has it. I've been looking at every squadron as it is and haven't come across anything.

This MIGHT be it, but I'm leaning towards it being 133716. I took it into photoshop and didn't get anything conclusive, but I think I see the top of the 6 on there.

http://www.histavia21.net/Ba102/Algerie/CorsairTebessaSept195967.JPG

Now that I look at it again, I think the side number is 10, NOT 11 like I originally thought, which would make it 716. 11 appears to be beside it, but what serial it is, I do not know.

Here you are a better shot of the Corsair. Undoubtedly it's the 133716 one. The pic source ... Tebessa Album souvenir

CorsairTebessaSept195969.JPG

Last edited:
Yep, got your emails. This will be a pain. I may just buy that magazine, or hope someone on the forum has it. I've been looking at every squadron as it is and haven't come across anything.

Thank god there were only 4 squadrons and 90+ aircraft. I'm outta here so you're on your own, with the help of others we hope. If you don't find it in seven days, I'll start looking at the other squadrons. In the mean time, I don't know if you've seen this site, it's where I got a few numbers...Home > AVIATION DE CHASSE ET ATTAQUE - French Navy Gallery

Geo

A profile of the kite posted above.

F4U-7 profile_.jpg

And here a shot of the closest s/n to the BuNo 133710 I found ...

F4U-7 133712.jpg

F4U-7 133712_.jpg

The pic source: the net....

Last edited:
Great choice of subject Cory, and great detective work guys!!!
Whichever bird you choose will look good in that scheme Cory :)

I've just seen a decal set for Aeronavale Corsairs Cory, at MDC. They have them in 1/48th scale, and I can get the details if you're interested - I didn't not which units etc, but it looked to be a nice sheet.

No luck Geo, but to be honest other than that day I haven't had much time to look. I'll probably just buy that magazine and hope for the best.

I've just seen a decal set for Aeronavale Corsairs Cory, at MDC. They have them in 1/48th scale, and I can get the details if you're interested - I didn't not which units etc, but it looked to be a nice sheet.

That would be great Terry, thanks!

It's their decal sheet D48001, priced at £6, and for the F4 -U7 and AU1.
The photo on their web site shows a single sheet, with Aeronavale roundels, fin flashes and what appear to be stencils and unit badges. A large part of the sheet is printed in white, and doesn't show up very well on the screen, so I couldn't tell if these were serial and code numbers, or whatever, although I'm guessing they are.
Unfortunately, the web-site doesn't provide a description either, but you can see them if you go to Model Design Construction, then look at 1/48th scale decals.
I just happened to spot them when I was looking for details of their oxygen hoses.

Ahh, so it's the Adeco sheet! Through my searching I had heard of it but couldn't find anywhere to buy it, and I still can't find a description with a list of the aircraft included. I do know there are one or two AU-1s on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back