1\48 Ar 234 B-2 cant sleep! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sturmbock44

Banned
Nov 5, 2012
California
New to the forum but have checked the site out for a while figured ide post a few models that i finished in the last year or two. cants sleep so heres some to start

ar234insidetop.jpg

inside234.jpg

Ar234upclose.jpg

inside234rear.jpg

Ar234inside34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
from Hasegawa this 234 which had some minor fit problems but over all good detail and decent fit . I loved building this plane and when its all said and done makes a great model for any luftwaffe fan. rockets fuel tanks and a 1000kg bomb make the model so much more interesting. when it came time to paint I chose the scheme for the first Ar234 that fell into allied hands almost intact. i used black to preshade panels lines then shot thinned down 81\82 splinter, and undersides are 76. Decals where applied . then i shot a highly thinned down 76 for the temporary snow camo . I had collected quite a few pics of this plane over the years on the net and from people so i didnt have to guess at what the 76 looked like. ive seen many peoples versions and decal companies and i feel mine is close to 100 percent accurate as far as patern of the spray and it being very thinned down and hastily applied . A charcoal wash was applied and then a flat clear coat to finish it off. One day ill buy the nightfighter version and build it but i got a long list of luftwaffe still to build. I got some pictures taken outside of this model that might be worth sharing too.

Last edited:
How did you simulate the white-wash? I always thought it looked...odd? The most modern aircraft with the crudest paint job. Know what I mean?

From what can see it looks good, but the pics are still loading as I type, slowing down everything. Please re-size using a editing system such as 'Irfanview', and up-load direct to the forum, not using a photo hosting system.

Very nice. Being from Germany, how do you get away with the swastika on the tail? I was under the impression that was illegal and all models I have seen from other German members had them omitted. Just curious. Is this yet another law that is not enforced (note we have literally millions of them here in the US :rolleyes: ).

capt vick the "white wash" was RLM 76 model masters enamel highly thinned to the point where the paint wanted to just blow around on the surface almost then i added just a hair more 76. as for the way they took state of the art airplanes and just shot a paintjob that was hastily applied i agree its almost blasphemy .but the picture i have show both sides of the plane and it was real thin almost opaque and the spray guy looked like he did it in ten seconds . most luftwaffe camo is simply awesome in my opinion.... but there are a few that you could tell where just temporary or strictly functional to put it mildly. As for swastika in Germany im not in Germany im in USA(that is the stupidest most vile law in my opinion that symbol existed for thousands of years and is a part of human culture good or bad . Germanic and Norse symbols being illegal in the place they come from is ignorant) i put the German flag because im a luftwaffe freak its all i build currently in 1\48 and with so many planes im sure ill die before i build them all .

As for slow loading big pics... im sorry but im not sure what i did i took them from my computer and host them directly to the site. ill have to figure out a way to do thumbnails or make them smaller. moderators if theres any adjustment that needs to b made go for it im not that great with computers its been a while. but i have 4g so i guess thats why it loads fast for me. Same thing for my other post can someone tell me a better way i can post next model i post ill give it a try

Great looking model. I noticed the book in the background has a number 13 for Jan.

I may want to pick you brains when I build my 234 in the 44/45 jets GB.

if ever i can help anyone let me know . the book was just for background but i do have a decent collection of photo, profiles and books on luftwaffe subjects. i would post pics of this Ar 234 yellow MT some are found on the net but i have some that where emailed to me that i havent seen being that they could be from a book meaning they could be copyrighted. if anyone is looking for specific pictures i can email pictures that would help anyone trying to build this particular 234.

As for swastika in Germany im not in Germany im in USA(that is the stupidest most vile law in my opinion that symbol existed for thousands of years and is a part of human culture good or bad . Germanic and Norse symbols being illegal in the place they come from is ignorant) i put the German flag because im a luftwaffe freak its all i build currently in 1\48 and with so many planes im sure ill die before i build them all .

Got it!

:thumbup:

testing a resized pic. mod you can delete this last pic if you feel its too big i have the hang of photoshop now i think next time i will be able to post the 800 pixel width.

Attachments

• testing.jpg
    testing.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back