--> 1/48 C-47 - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes Geo, I just got a kick out of them even putting a honey bucket and sink behind closed doors. It would be cool as a clear build.

Thanks all who have checked in and are following this build.
Here are some updates. This is a pretty straight forward build. there is not a lot that can be or needs to be done to this kit. After 38 years the kit still stands the test of time. Trumpeter released a C-47 a couple of years back and they are asking over $100 for it. It has engraved panel lines. I bought my two Monograms during there short release at Hobby Lobby (with a 40% off coupon for $27 each.It has very finely raised panel lines. Nugh said. Even though you cant see much I still did the interior in the for what it is worh coloum. and the cargo doors will be full open for the build as well as the crew door.

Got the wings and the fuselage subassemblies done. I may get them mated tonight.

I should note that I knocked over a nearly full bottle of ProWeld and destroyed the rear bulk head, so I cut a new one out from card stock and traced in the door.

Last edited:
OK wings and tail mounted. Now comes the fun. I had to use .25mm plastic stock to fill in gaps. one on the bottom aft of the wing fuselage mate.

One thickness on the left wing fuselage mate and double thickness on the right side mate.

It looks like I'll need some on the Horizontal stabs as well.

Yep, it's for laying down and avoiding !!
The cans make good targets for shooting practice though .........
Good stuff so far Don - I really would like to get that kit, but I have far too many already, and no space to display it !

Think I'm done with most of the crack filling now for the clean up. Trying not to loose to much of the raised panel lines.

Thanks Corry and all, I have the sanding of the wing root and found these to help out in that odd curved area.

I bought them at HobbyTown @ $7.99 + tax, but they are always high so I went on line when I got home and ordered these at Products | Sandits.

Blem Packs (20 Sandits for the price of 8) Best Value
$6.99

Users who are viewing this thread