--> 1/48 C-47 - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So it looks like I'll be out of hock for a while. I passed my CDL today (Commercial Drivers License) and will be heading out to truck driving school soon. Then I'll be driving for ten days on, two days off. Gotta figure how to take my hobby on the road.

Well done Don.
There was an article in a modelling magazine years ago, where a British truck driver built his models 'on the road'. He had a folding table, and those plastic storage cases in the back of his cab, and ran his compressor off the vehicle power.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Got a tool box and got to thinking, looks like I have a modeling box.

Well I packed up every thing with intentions of getting some modeling done while off school. What happened was, NOTHING!. Get up at 0500 to be at school by 0600 and in school until 1600 then back to the hotel until 1700 to make a trip to walmart or the supermarket to get eats. back by 1900 to settle down and by 2000 in bed. That was the first week. two days of classroom and 2 days of learning to back a truck up straight. Then 2 more days of learning to parallel park a tractor trailer and Sunday was only 6 hours of classroom and testing. Monday started at 0300 and truck pretrip inspection and ten hours of backing, parallel parking and offset backing. this went through to Thursday when testing was mandatory on all backing procedures. Friday again 0300 and any one who did not have at least 30 hours driving time keep on backing. then they released us early (1320) for our weekend. I got up at 0230 yesterday and got home at 1630 and what a relief. That all being said I have passed all test and on the first try and early. Monday we start over the road training through Thursday when we test. If we pass that then Friday we go to DPS to have the state driving test. If we pass that then we have our license and on July 7th I will go to 5 weeks of mentoring and then my own truck. In the mean time, what time I can get I shall try and get some kit time in.

DSC_0303.jpg

Well it is official, I advise all US residents to get off the road. I have my CDL. I passed it on Friday in Waco (that can be pronounced WACK 'O) Texas. They had to be wack 'o to let me drive. So I start Swift Orientation on Wednesday and could be driving with a mentor (or Tormentor) my Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back