1\48 Do 335 A12

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys appreciate your compliments! im pretty much done with her I just have to decide if im going to pose the canopies open or closed ... If open i dont like the simple way they will be attaching just two small square blocks on the right hand side of each canopy bottom that glues into square notches in cockpit side wall. basically simple tabs instead of what should look like hinges. i wish they would have tried to replicate some kind of hinges. if i choose to close them i can trim off each alignment tab so it sits flush. I think i will trim them off because if i want them open later i can always try to replicate detailed hinges later. Anyways heres a few pics of where i stopped tonight ,everything is done except trimming tabs of canopy so they can all sit flush. I have another camera im going to try tomorrow for the complete shots and the complete area of the forum. There will be a background as well for final shots. Thanks again for looking and your encouragement.
Exhaust stains came out more gray in the pics than they really appear, there is also a light brown tint that doesnt even show. I included a picture of an upclose stain on a Do 335 that appears very light and pretty large. Over all im ok with results, i feel its close if you look at another picture i supplied earlier in the build . i need a few more exhaust jobs under my belt i think.
Bits.jpg

pipesfront.jpg

rearpipes.jpg

realstain.jpg

exauststain.jpg

34rear.jpg

I think you've done a great job Jason the exhaust staining is very realistic. Looking forward to those pictures.
Vaughan

This is looking stunning ! Really convincing looking finish and the exhaust staining is some of the best I've seen! Cheers Trey

Finished! Any fine tuning i wanted to do is done, i replaced the DF loop with a piece of wound copper wire, tamiyas are very wide and chunky looking. ... most everything ele is covered. here are a few pics. i posted a lot of more of them over in the completed models section. Thank for all the kind words and checking this out. Ill be starting something else soon for the start to finish area. Jason
Do335rrear.jpg
Do335rearview.jpg
Do335top.jpg
Do335right.jpg
Do335top2.jpg

looks great, I'm sure the pics do it justice live should be much better.

Thanks guys , im really glad people liked it. I just hope i can get clearer pictures for future builds. This camera is wierd sometimes it takes amazing up close shots but struggles with 2 feet away stuff.... but maybe ill post a few daylight shots if they are clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back