1/48 Dragon Ju 88R-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You're right Andy but I hope it will not be visible when the cockpit will be finished and closed :?:
AT6: my worry is about the mounting of the resin BMW801 engines on the model...!!! I hope not to have too much problem :rolleyes:

Here is the cockpit almost finished :)

View attachment 377530
I don't know if the resin engines would be attached with epoxy or super glue. Some of the others here will probably know what to use. That's why I'm choosing to use the JU-188E engines from a Dragon kit. I have accumulated all of the parts for my 188D but will have to build the G1/G10 kit for the engines as the engine components from the C6 have the wrong engine cowl.

Very interested to follow this build, Steph! The Dragon Ju88 kits are very nice but I had some fit issues around the engine cowling area. Curious to see how the resin engine cowls will fit! Cockpit looks great! View to inside is very limited due to the canopy frames.

Hello :)

Cockpit done !
DSCN3366.JPG

And closed :mrgreen:
DSCN3368.JPG
DSCN3370.JPG

Next step... :rolleyes:

Thank you all :oops:

Love the dials, what do you use to paint them?
First: RLM66, black paint in the dials, a grey drybrushing all over and a white drybrushing only in the dials and finally some other colors here and there... ;)
I forgot: gloss varnish in the dials in the end

Last edited:
Great to see this one build! I'm very keen on the Ju 88 family and the R version is one of the less frequently known variants.
I'll follow with intrest!

Hello,
Thanx for your comments :):oops:
Here is the continuation; cockpit and fuselage are assembled. It will remain to engrave this last ... The half-wings are assembled too.
DSCN3375.JPG

The engines were scooped and the movable parts cut out
DSCN3378.JPG

To be continued ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back