1/48 FM-1 Wildcat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aqua_ta

Airman 1st Class
Aug 9, 2008
Southampton,England
I have just finished the Hobbyboss Wildcat for a friend of mine at work.
It was quite an easy build, the only troublesome part was the fuselage 'plug' that contains the cockpit and engine that is glued up under the main fuselage section.
You can't see from the picture, but I made my own belts from masking tape and wire for the buckles that I am rather pleased with. I also made a control column since my one pinged off into the black hole, and the aft canopy is clear plastic sheet since the original won't fit in the open position and when fitted closed sits lower than the front screen.
The base is just some perspex with a blown up print of some decking white glued to it and some sprue and cotton thread to make the chocks, I hope you like it as much as my friend does.

Attachments

• wildcat.jpg
    wildcat.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 200
I love it! Great paint job, good decaling and a truly clever base. I love to see my favorite plane done up right. Well Done!

That's one nice paint scheme! Best I've seem on a Wildcat and great job with it!

Sweet build...looks great. Cool base too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back