1/48 fm halifax.... guess who's back !!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Do you know guys i haven't look through the posts properly and there seems to be a few pictures
of the building which has gone, shame really as its a interesting build of a shitty kit which turned out fine.

This model was for someone but has since turned it down :evil: so it now still resides in my home.

Heres the finished job, though some pictures there are missin too :rolleyes:

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/yo...niature-1-48th-halifax-bomber-pics-12974.html

ian.

Sounds like someone who doesn't appreciate such fine work!:D

What gets me with the so called 'owner to be' he wanted it as his Dad's aircraft and with the aid of a few B/W pictures i completed it, not as if this bloke was short of money he isn't :shock: as he has three single prop aircraft and a chopper and resides at Pocklington himself.

I had gave him a price of the model when finished and was happy with it and i kept him updated with 'in-build pictures' of it and was really excited about it.
When i finally finished it i rang him and his wife said he doesn't want to talk to me about the model and no-longer wants it, talk about being let down big time :knob:

Anyway alls not lost i've got a really nice Halibag to myself :laughing6:

That sucks Ian (about having they guy reject the kit). What a gutless tool that he can't tell you himself and has his wife run interference for him.

For what it's worth, you might consider getting a deposit up front to at least cover the cost of the kit and any accessories. My wife occassionally does custom artwork for people and she always insists on an up-front deposit sufficient to cover the cost of the raw materials (canvas, fabric, paints, whatever). That way if the buyer bolts at the end, at least she is JUST out her time which helps minimize the sting a bit.

What excellent work you've done. It give me hope with this Czec model I'll be doing later. I've got a model of a Pe-3 Bis from the Chec republic and the parts seem to be from the same manufacturer as your plane. :( Anyway, I have two sets of vacuform canopies instead of one and I think I'll try something I read about. Thanks again for bringing this back up. Hopefully everything else worked out at home. I'm new so I don't know but it seems rotten luck you had back then. As for your plane now. There is always looking up others who have flown that plane, not that there are many left. :(.

Best of luck Ian, you are a supurb modeller. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back