1/48 fm halifax.... guess who's back !!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep,well done Ian.:D :D :D
THX for the info on the primer.The Tamiya one gives a smooth and semi-gloss surface.Nice to know that.

hi guys heres an update to as far as i've got, she's coming on well now and i think she'll be a right stunner WHEN i've finished her :oops:

this what is to be the landing light, i've got to trim the paper piece so it fits around the light neatly.

primer is tamiya grey primer out of a rattle can, goes on beautifull.

i have kept the manufactors bomb bay as i think theres nothing wrong with it !, the bombs are held in place with brass rod and are detachable ;)

added glycol jets i couldn't get a clear picture of the correct positioning, so i did the best i could in judging where to place them.

painted the model in the new h29 rattle can acrylic, went on mint dried in 10 minutes ! :D

i was going to stick the flaps/ df loop on , but i thought better not proberly break them off, so sprayed these seperately.

masked off the entire model it took 4 hours to mask it all up, some people have their own way i do it this way as the end result requires no touching up.

the result with all the masking off, the green is humbrol 116.

any coments good or bad welcome i can take it :lol: :lol: :leftfighter5:

ian

Looks brilliant!

I seem to recall you said you were making this for someone?

If so are you going to make a base for it or something?

Looks brilliant!

thanks heinz, i'm making this for a guy in yorkshire UK, his dad flew halifax's during the war and was stationed at RAF pocklington 103 squadron.

i could make a base which would be very easy... big picture frame with the glass removed, plywood in its place with a grass covering on it and a brass plaque at the front/centre saying what it is 8) easy peasy.

just one thing though this person who i'm building it for, i haven't heard from him at all despite 10 emails so just MAYBE he's changed his damn mind :evil: , its not as if i'm charging the earth i'm not .

ian.

Looks brilliant!

thanks heinz, i'm making this for a guy in yorkshire UK, his dad flew halifax's during the war and was stationed at RAF pocklington 103 squadron.

i could make a base which would be very easy... big picture frame with the glass removed, plywood in its place with a grass covering on it and a brass plaque at the front/centre saying what it is 8) easy peasy.

just one thing though this person who i'm building it for, i haven't heard from him at all despite 10 emails so just MAYBE he's changed his damn mind :evil: , its not as if i'm charging the earth i'm not , he even said money is no object [ hes got his own plane/glider/ big BMW/detached house :!: ]

ian.

Anyway, the model looks really brilliant Ian.I like it very much.:D :D :D

just one thing though this person who i'm building it for, i haven't heard from him at all despite 10 emails so just MAYBE he's changed his damn mind :evil: , its not as if i'm charging the earth i'm not , he even said money is no object [ hes got his own plane/glider/ big BMW/detached house :!: ]

ian.

I hope he gets back to you mate!

if he doesn't you end up with a ripper of a model:D

I stand in awe sir. You've managed to make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Great job!

i think you'll just have to get one or maybe not :lol: heres whats been done up to press.....

i've done the spraying of the underside, the paint went on well, just painting all the canopy frames now, i don't like painting vac' form parts no strength to them

i was test fitting the landing light and it fell inside the wing and took ages to get out

this halifax is of 102 sqd and all the halifax's i've seen of this squadron have straight lines between the black and the cameo colour, unlike many halifax's which have the wavy line

thanks for looking everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back