1/48 fm halifax.... guess who's back !!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Galad you like the idea.But be very careful.The fuselage is almost done and it will be a pity to destroy it

Ditto Wayne! If the worst comes to the worst, you could cut off the rear fueslage, and then play around with it.

THX Wayne.:D

And guys, gaming and playing with the yellow banana is much more suitable for girls but not for boys as I remember. :lol: :lol: :lol:

well gang ! i straighted the back out of the fuselage which now looks OK i used the idea of the blocks screwed down on a flat surface and pulled it over, then setting it in this position with car body filler all down to.... 'wurger' 8) 8) 8) thankyou :blob5:

i had to insert a 1mm piece of plastic card as the back end was too narrow for the rear gun and the gun hung over the sides and looked poo.

it did the job and now looks a lot better now, the filler is holding it solid and the gun has a flat surface to sit on.

i've fillered all the way around the fuselage using car body filler, i find it easyer to work with.

the H2S randome cover is flat, yet the fuselage is curved so some trimming and fitted will be needed to look correct.

position of randome marked out.

the randome fitted after some extensive trimming done, it took ages :evil:

watch you don't put it over the door as i nearly did :rolleyes:

a few more... this time i'm working on the upper turret and rear turret this time, the turret has a mounting ring but this goes inside the plexy glass and to fix the complete turret to the fuselage by super gluing it on to me this is a poor way of doing it, so i have used the top sealing ring of AN EMPTY inhaler cartridge, i first depressrized it carefully then removed the ring with a dremel.

the ring on the left is what it should look like after removing the inner parts of the ring, you know what i mean.

the ring is then glued to the turret mounting ring and voila a proper base.

the ring is the same diameter as the hole so it just dropped straight in and now can rotate.

onto the canopy now, i've been trimming very carefully the front contour of the front windscreen, this has now opened up a hole and now you can see the back of the flight panel so this has got to be covered i think i'll use some alloy foil to cover it over.

glass parts seem to be going on well no fowl ups yet.

the rear gun is supplied with a round mounting ring this is no good so i made my own so the rear glass parts have a base to sit on.

well gang ! i straighted the back out of the fuselage which now looks OK i used the idea of the blocks screwed down on a flat surface and pulled it over, then setting it in this position with car body filler all down to.... 'wurger' 8) 8) 8) thankyou :blob5:

Well done Ian.:D :D Glad I have helped you with that.:D

well lads,

been fighting again with this heap :confused: the front canopy is now on and looks OK, i just had to put it down for a few days it was getting me down :( and i've badly cut a finger again on this model i've cut my fingers open 7 times now due to the blade slipping while i'm trimming it all the time, i wonder if i can claim :ha:

i cut open the blanking part by drilling a circle then used a remer to enlarge the hole.

i've covered up the back of the flight panel with foil tape, this shouldn't be seen and must be a design fault at the FM factory.

the clear parts are a little tricky to fit, you have to keep trimming until they fit :lol:

i've added a bomb camera lense, this is a landing light but still does the trick.

close up of the tamiya lense, nice addition to it.

looks a little better than the blandness of the lower part of the nose.

i've noticed that the rear turret sits too low and will have tobe built up a bit.

this is where the turret should align up... close to the rear fairing.

rear tail planes where at least a bit more easyer, the fit was OK.

i was goint to do them with dropped flaps but i thought SOD IT, got enough on my plate allready :lol:

the cooling flaps have had to be chopped up to fit either side of airscoupes, yet another part that doesn't fit.

i'm having the landing light pointing down the part on the right is from an airfix lancaster put these two together and you have rear lights which will fit behind the lense.

thanks for looking and readin.... ian.

Great progress Ian.:thumbleft:.

But I would like to ask you aquestion .
What is the remer? I can't find its meaning in my dictionary.

Ah.....Ian it's OK.Thank you.Something that makes wholes larger.In Polish it is "rozwiertak stożkowy".Also a bit hard to pronouce.:lol:

Here you are rebuilding a bad production model and I am still trying to get the airbrush to spit out paint...I have a lot to learn. LOL

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back