1/48 fm halifax.... guess who's back !!!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

only a few pic's on this one :rolleyes: all the clear vac' form canopy/nose parts are now on it took alot of trail fitting, i used that new serious glue by 'bostik' to glue them on alot stronger than 'clearfix' i didn't ruin one single part of the vac' parts

i've put two little lugs at the rear turret mounting this holds the turret frame up close to the fuselage, otherwise theres a big gap at the bottom of the turret.

i've built up the rear turret base on the fuselage so the turret is up close to the top of the fuselage, also i've noticed that the little windows which look like strectched 50p's are not in line with the fuselage, i don't think its my fault just another Fup at the FM designers side.

the upper turret is now finished, put your hands up if you hate working with vac' form parts. :puke:

i'm not happy with the free hand circles, i'll be doing them again also i'm not too happy that the clear parts aren't that clear even after 2 coats of future [klear]

on the canopy join line i put in three bits of plasti card this has helped hold the middle section nice and level and doesn't need glueing, these won't be seen as they are painted cockpit green on the insides.

one thing what was going to get in the way in putting the nose on was the machine gun, so i attached the gun to a long piece of cotton and threaded the cotton through the hole, then let the gun dangle freely inside the nose while i attached the nose, the gun will be pulled up and glued to the nose, which i've just been trying and works !! when the model is nearly done in about 14yrs time.

Still great progressing.Well done Ian.Have you used a primer for the rear part of the fuselage.As I remenber the plastic was in quite lighter colour.I must tell you that the rear area with the turred look very good.There is no trace of the earlier correction.:D:D:D

Have you used a primer for the rear part of the fuselage.As I remenber the plastic was in quite lighter colour.

hi wurger,

i've got a can of tamiya primer to show up faults and i use that on parts i've modified/filled/bodged :lol:

cheers to the rest of you guys it keeps me bucked up :D i've been aligning up the wings today so by this time tomorrow they will be on ... i hope :shock:

ian.

well guys all the wings are now on and FAIRLY revell !! :lol: i made up a jig out of old wood to hold every thing square, the nose was wedged to hold it tight and i had two large screws at the ends of the wing tips so i could screw out to make the wings level, the edges of the wings where they the butt up to the fuselage will require alot of fillering.... but hey don't change a habit of a life time :lol: wife wasn't happy when she saw me using the tins again :mrgreen:

i don't think it will be long now she's sitting on her carriage....

thanks again for looking ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back