1/48 fm halifax.... guess who's back !!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hi all,

getting ready for the two fuselage sides to be whipped together, the wings are now done i'm dredding the part when i've got to put them upto the fuselage :lol:

engines where fixed on using 'evo-stick serious glue', this allowed time to position the engines in the centre

nacelles on all four fairings, these where also a poor fit.

cooling flaps seems to fit OK, but i think i'm going to have to chop them up to fit around air intakes.

lower air intakes needed trimming to fit the shape of the fairings.

starting to get sick of it now, oh and my wife walked out on me today ! cheers :-x !!!!! i'm serious she has.

upper air in takes needed to be trimmed down as they did not contour to the shape of the engine cowls.

back to the fuselage now, i've put in the side panels these all had to be thinned down at the back of them as they were too thick.

the whole cockpit it now all glued in after some two hours of trimming to make it fit, is'nt it funny every thing i want to put on i've got to trim it down, funny that ! :rolleyes:

i reckon it's going to be a real nightmare putting on the canopy :evil:

on the escape hatches i've made four little corners for the glass to go on, these won't be seen as i will paint a small frame around the glass.

the two halves now fit together well and all seems to be aligned up correctly.

i'll be glueing a section at a time, when the time comes :shock:

upper and rear guns awaiting their new resin guns, FM's metal gun's are poo.

thanks for looking :( ian.

hi guys,

she left me because she said i'm bone idle and don't do anything, some of you guys may well know that i have a disc which is badly worn and two vertibra's worn as well, these are at the bottom of my back and i'm unable to do much now and the pain is sometimes unbearable, been in and out of hospital 5 times now.

ian.

Likewise, mate, very sorry to hear that. I've had alot of trouble with my back and neck,too and I'd like to see how active she is in the same condition.

They reckon swimming and exercising help alot, but I'm only interested in tramping, so that and tablets containing glukozamin-sulfate, kondroitin-sulfate and MSM (disc strengtheners) are the order of the day. They really help!

me too guys ! i think she will be back :!:

well lads i've glued the fuselage together and theres a slight twist at the back, i've not glued the back part yet as i've got to figure out how to straighten it any tips ?

new resin guns to replace the poor quality metal ones, fm wants shooting with them !

i've cut off the little stubs where the metal gun barrels should go and drilled out the gun, so the barrels fit in neatly.

guns on painted in gun metal polish.

i had to remove the resin from where the gun barrels go to allow the gun barrels to fit into the guns, very fiddley.

these gun barrels look 100% better than the metal ones.

completed rear gun.

a few pictures of the completed fuselage, any tips on straightning the rear would be most helpful......

the rear of the fuselage and my problem or shall we say our problem !, the black lump is a piece of balsa wood to hold rear tail wheel.

the length of it looks OK its just the rear part

the front part is all nice and square and the clear nose won't be a problem neither.

the cockpit fitted OK after i trimmed down the flight panel on the edges as to where it meets the fuselage sides.

Looking good to me .But the rear....It's too late I'm afraid.You can try to make it straight with warm/hot water or a hair dryer.But it is a bit risky.You should have done it firstly.

wurger if you have a look at the second picture you can see where i've marked with arrows from there to the tail i've not glued it, same goes for the lower part of the fuselage, i think glueing all the top of the fuselage as this looks level and adding a piece of plasti card in the join, below the rear turret area to push the fuselage to the right... hopefully :!:

Not glued yet.It sounds good.Cleverly.I think that the main problem is with the rear lower part of the portside half.But how to correct that I have no idea.Unless you would bend the starboard half of fuselage a bit to the right and fix it on the position.( pay your attention to keeping symmetry of course).For that you can use wire for instance.And then would try to set the left one.The fuselage has to be fixed as well.

Attachments

• kjhgf027ns6a.jpg
    kjhgf027ns6a.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 136
  • kjhgf029zl3a.jpg
    kjhgf029zl3a.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 142

Users who are viewing this thread

Back