1/48 Fokker D. VII 'Ernst Udet'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Eventually, some pics:

100_1184.jpg

100_1186.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1192.jpg

Looks like a good start, but the subject is too close to the camera (note how the background is in focus). Try moving back, then selecting and cropping the area you want to show in the pic, using Irfanview (free download programme) or similar.
Looking forward to seeing more though, as the detail looks good.

Looks like a good start, but the subject is too close to the camera (note how the background is in focus). Try moving back, then selecting and cropping the area you want to show in the pic, using Irfanview (free download programme) or similar.

Cheers Terry, I will try that. The Hertfordshire air was a bit blue as I took the photos and uploaded them :oops:

I hve to agree with Terry. All would be fine with these images if the main objects were standing farther than in these picture. Irfanview is an great tool for such corrections.
Anyway a very good start, BombTaxi. Keep working on and updating us.

I thought you had mentioned before Terry to change the background to a light colored solid.I was thinking that the camera was focusing on the lines of the mat maybe a combination of both perhaps.

The camera is focusing on the most prominent object(s) within the depth of field capabilities, just beyond the subject, and up to the paint tins in the background. These include the lines on the mat, and objects with well-defined edges, such as the tins.
Moving the subject further away by about four to eight inches (or the camera back equivalent distance) should be a good start point.
You are right though, a light, neutral background not only lights the picture better, and makes less 'clutter' to the background for viewing, but also prevents the focusing system becoming 'confused'.

Terry, you are in fact a genius 8) Cropped with Irfanview, I also auto adjusted the colours as the weather in the part of the Home Counties is grey and wet right now. Thanks again, this is a revelation!

140111FuelTank.jpg

140111Cockpit.jpg

140111EngineS.jpg

140111EngineP.jpg

I haven't got much more progress to show, only a bit of wing assembly really, as RL keeps disrupting my build plans, and it will probably be next weekend before I can sit with this for more than 15 minutes. I will finish the thing though, and keep you chaps updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back